2024 Customer Awards: BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina - Curious Thinker
Vamshikrishna10
Fluorite | Level 6

bcbs.jpg

Company: BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina

Company background: BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, a healthcare leader for over six decades, is the largest insurance company with an A+ Superior A.M. Best rating. As part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, it operates cutting-edge technology, providing comprehensive health coverage in the state. Renowned for innovative initiatives like Diabetes Free SC, the company actively addresses healthcare gaps and promotes community well-being. Beyond insurance, it serves as a government contract administrator, embodying a culture of curiosity and excellence. In summary, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina is not merely an insurance provider; it stands as a beacon of healthcare innovation, community well-being, and a trusted partner, continuously earning accolades for its commitment to a healthier South Carolina.

Title: Statistical Programming Analyst II

Award Category: Curious Thinker

Tell us how you are inspired by the work you do?
I'm inspired by the dynamic world of data analysis, reporting, and database management, powered by SAS. Transforming raw data into actionable insights is not just a task; it is a testament to the transformative impact on program efficiency. Bridging complex data sets, training on SAS, and tackling creative projects keep me engaged." Witnessing tangible outcomes, from improving reporting accuracy to supporting organizational decisions through SAS-driven analysis, reinforces my sense of purpose. It's not just a job; it's a journey of exploration, innovation, and continuous improvement, all made possible by the capabilities of SAS, which inspires me every day.

How has SAS played a part in your journey?
SAS has been the driving force behind my remarkable journey, serving as the key catalyst for both my academic and professional achievements. Beginning with the analysis of complex healthcare data during my undergraduate studies, I was not only selected and asked to deliver a presentation at the prestigious 35th annual ICPE (International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology) but also received scholarships and the ICPE Student Travel Award- 2019. 

During my master's in biostatistics, SAS continued to be an invaluable tool, leading to a graduate assistantship with a full fee waiver and stipend. This proficiency not only facilitated my academic success but also paved the way for a full-time opportunity at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

In the professional realm, I presented on the 'Power of SAS Studio,' earning recognition from SAS vendors and colleagues. This achievement, along with my outstanding SAS skill set, led to my nomination to be one among Rising Stars 2023 batch. While it is impossible to encompass every aspect, SAS is not just a tool; it is the thread weaving through academic honors, professional milestones, and extraordinary opportunities, shaping every phase of my success story.

What products do you use and how do you use them?
In my role, I leverage a suite of SAS products to perform a range of tasks. PC SAS is instrumental for its robust data processing capabilities, while SAS Enterprise Guide enhances my efficiency in project management and reporting tasks. SAS Studio provides a versatile and web-based environment for interactive programming and analysis, allowing for seamless collaboration. Additionally, we utilize SAS on the mainframe for specific tasks, ensuring compatibility with our existing infrastructure. The integration of all these SAS products in my workflow empowers me to conduct comprehensive data analyses, generate insightful reports, and contribute to informed decision-making within our organization.

What is your greatest lesson learned that you'd like to share with others?
The greatest lesson I have learned and wish to impart is the transformative impact of fostering a collaborative relationship with SAS. Through various stages of my academic and professional journey, I have discovered that the synergy between my skills and SAS technologies is a catalyst for success. The lesson here is twofold: firstly, the importance of recognizing and embracing the valuable support SAS provides, be it through academic assistance with a free student account in SAS Studio, insightful webinars, or comprehensive training on SAS Viya. Secondly, it highlights the boundless possibilities that arise when one seamlessly integrates their skills with the robust support and resources offered by SAS. I proudly stand as one of the best examples of this mutually beneficial collaboration, where my journey and SAS's commitment to excellence converge seamlessly.

101 Comments