BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JM_VFAU
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I want to use a range of values as a check in a Decision Treatment Campaign . If it is a list of 10 or 20 values, a global variable is used and it gives the flexibility to change the list values without redeploying the campaign. If the list is around 3000 values then it is hard to enter 3000 values into a Global Variable. Without making changes to the data schema in RTDM, is there a way this list can be used in RTDM Decision Treatment Campaign? The 3000 values need to checked are in sequence(for example it starts from 1 and ends at 3000) and not random values.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesAnderson
SAS Employee
HI JM_VFAU,
If it is a sequential ordered list of numbers with no gaps (i.e. 1,2,3,4.........2997, 2998, 3000) then you could perhaps use 2 global variables representing the lower and upper values, and then in your decision campaign filter node use SomeVariable < "Upper Value Global" AND SomeVariable > "Lower Value Global".
Another alternative would be to set the value of the Global variable (i.e. the list of 3000 entries) programmatically using an API call. You could prepare your list of values (presumably from some input data) and then call the SAS Decision Services Administration API (available in RTDM 6.4 and 6.5) to set the value of the Global variable dynamically, check out Pg 509 of the RTDM 6.4 Administration guide for more details.
Regards
James

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesAnderson
SAS Employee
HI JM_VFAU,
If it is a sequential ordered list of numbers with no gaps (i.e. 1,2,3,4.........2997, 2998, 3000) then you could perhaps use 2 global variables representing the lower and upper values, and then in your decision campaign filter node use SomeVariable < "Upper Value Global" AND SomeVariable > "Lower Value Global".
Another alternative would be to set the value of the Global variable (i.e. the list of 3000 entries) programmatically using an API call. You could prepare your list of values (presumably from some input data) and then call the SAS Decision Services Administration API (available in RTDM 6.4 and 6.5) to set the value of the Global variable dynamically, check out Pg 509 of the RTDM 6.4 Administration guide for more details.
Regards
James
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation