BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mrityunjay_Kuma
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am facing issue with custom detail in  Communication node where one selection list select the list of templets defined in Common data model table.

Problem is while selection it is taking too much time( around 2-3 minutes ) and some times generating error.

Is there any solution for this ? how to speed up  and get quick selection value after clicking on list box.

Attachement shows the list slection where delayed.

Br,

Mrityunjay Kumar

Comm_CI.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shill
SAS Employee

We've encountered that behavior in the past, especially when the table used to populate the list comes from a database. The delay is the time it's taking to connect to the database, since it doesn't maintain a connection behind the scenes, and in some environments on some databases that can take time to establish.

As a general practice, I advise my team to use SAS datasets for lists like that specifically to avoid this issue. Most of the time these lists are pretty static, so they can be created and maintained in EG, for example. If they really are data driven from a database, then a recurring ETL job to keep the dataset current is the easiest way to decouple the list from the database connection.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
shill
SAS Employee

We've encountered that behavior in the past, especially when the table used to populate the list comes from a database. The delay is the time it's taking to connect to the database, since it doesn't maintain a connection behind the scenes, and in some environments on some databases that can take time to establish.

As a general practice, I advise my team to use SAS datasets for lists like that specifically to avoid this issue. Most of the time these lists are pretty static, so they can be created and maintained in EG, for example. If they really are data driven from a database, then a recurring ETL job to keep the dataset current is the easiest way to decouple the list from the database connection.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation