BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shrutiravi
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Friends,

Have A Nice Day.

I am using SAS CI Studio 5.4 for campaigning. We send SMS to Subscribers using SAS CI. Business Context based on Subscriber Information Map is created and we are using that.

Now We need to Campaign for our delears also. We have created Delear datamart in CMER_SDM SQL Server Database. Now I want to create a Information Map to be used in different Business Context other than Subscriber Business Context. We also need to create different CI Interface for delears from which business can design campaigns for delears.

Can we use two different business context, information maps, CI Interface in SAS CI Studio 5.4.

Please help on this, Please also share any link of doc/video/article that can share some info.

i am in need of this, please help me.

Thanks,

Ravi Shankar

3 REPLIES 3
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

SAS MA allows you set up different subject levels and data sources in a data mart, thus enabling the business users to run both types of campaigns (subscribers and dealers) without having to switch between the business contexts.  

As long as business users and the general process are mostly the same, the best practice is to use one business context for all. 

Different business context is more of a multitenancy feature when completely different lines of business, business groups etc share the use of the solution.   For example, when SAS MA in a bank is used both marketing (sales) campaigns and debt collection campaigns. Debt collection campaigns may be managed by a completely separate business team, with a different process, different channels, etc - then separate business contexts are most appropriate.

Without knowing more details (what is your industry, what is a "campaign for dealers", etc), it is hard to decide which approach is more appropriate in your case.

At the same time, what you are trying to achieve seems a completely different type of campaigns with significant differences - different data sources, different subject audience, probably different channels, etc. There might not be a single "how-to guide" or a similar material that covers all aspects, challenges and pitfalls of such implementation.   I'd recommend you find and engage an experienced SAS CI solution architect either from a third-party experienced consultancy practice (or SAS Professional Services) to help you design the most appropriate best-practice solution according to your business requirements.

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
shrutiravi
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Dmitriy,

I think, I described the scenario badly.

My scenario is :

We have One Active Subscriber Model (InformationMap1) and CDM & SDM Databases in place and doing campaigning for them using SAS CI 5.41.

Now we need to create a different Deactive Subscriber Model and do the campaigning. We do not want to append the master data of Active Subscribers with Deactive Subscribers.

Therefore, what approach we should use to do the campaigning for deactive subscribers.

Please help on this.

shill
SAS Employee

You have two choices - have two subjects or have two business contexts.

For the easy approach (assuming you don't really need separation, just a different source), just add the Inactive Subscribers table in your current data model and put it in your current information map as a new subject. That would also require a new contact history table in your CDM (like CI_CONTACT_HISTORY_INACT), and would allow you to use your current configuration but choose on a node-by-node basis whether you want to work with Active Subscribers or Inactive Subscribers.

If you want them fully separate (entirely different sets of data, separate users, separate storage areas for campaigns, separate CDM reporting tables & history tables), then the answer would to create a second business context. That means you'll need a new information map, new libraries (for your customer data, CDM and MATables), a new root folder in your Metadata, new user groups (probably), and then a new business context to pull it all together.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation