BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rskalinowski
Calcite | Level 5

I have several direct marketing campaigns that I want to run in a certain order  (Camp A -> Camp B -> Camp C Etc.).  I would like Campaign B to start after campaign A has successfully finished, and not run if there was an error.

These campaigns are using on premises data. 

For tasks like this in CIS I would just send them to a scheduling manager and then from the scheduling manager put the campaigns into a flow, but I've been unable to figure out how to do this in CI360.

Does anyone know if there is a scheduling manager that I can use with CI360, or if there is some functionality within CI360 I can use to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
markchaves
SAS Employee

Hi Robert,

The CI 360 user interface does provide the ability to set individual schedules for standalone Direct Marketing (DM) Tasks and you should be able to orchestrate them, individually, based on start date/time (as opposed to executing based on dependencies of other tasks).

If you wish to orchestrate across multiple DM Tasks, then perhaps our new Task API may allow you to call/schedule them via an external scheduling tool.  I will find out if this new API is released and, if yes, then we can point you toward the documentation.  Once it is released, then I believe that it will allow you to establish task dependencies as you originally described.

More details to follow...

Thank you,

Mark

rskalinowski
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Mark.  That new API sounds exactly like what i'm looking for.  I appreciate you looking into this.

Thanks,

Robert Kalinowski

markchaves
SAS Employee

Our pleasure Robert.  I've just confirmed that it is still in development and I've been able to determine that we are developing a Task API that should be able to tell you when a task is still in a "Running" state or if it is in "Active" state which means that it completed.

Furthermore, if you wish to also determine "success" of the campaign/task, then you would call our Occurrence API to confirm the "success" of the task occurrence before executing your "Campaign B".

I just wanted to share what I know right now although some of this is subject to change since it is still in development. I hope this helps.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation