BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Andy3
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to flag my list in SAS MA using an external list of postal codes to tell me what area the record is in.  How do I flag this customer using the external list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shill
SAS Employee

The only way to add new data (for use in other places, like split nodes, exports, etc.) is by adding it to the information map.

If you just need to get a list of "customers who are in area XYZ", you could write a simple stored process that reads in the external file into a dataset and uploads it to the database for temporary use, then creates a new list of outgoing customer ID's (&outTable) by joining the incoming list of customer IDs (&inTable) with the customer table and with the temporary table from above and a where clause like "where area=XYZ" and you'll have a list you can to continue building your campaign.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
shill
SAS Employee

The only way to add new data (for use in other places, like split nodes, exports, etc.) is by adding it to the information map.

If you just need to get a list of "customers who are in area XYZ", you could write a simple stored process that reads in the external file into a dataset and uploads it to the database for temporary use, then creates a new list of outgoing customer ID's (&outTable) by joining the incoming list of customer IDs (&inTable) with the customer table and with the temporary table from above and a where clause like "where area=XYZ" and you'll have a list you can to continue building your campaign.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation