BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
otepalborida
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Good day!

Seeking for help here for those who have a knowledge in creating calculated items in SAS CI Studio.

So the scenario is, i want to get the last response call status of the client using the calculated items.

I have this table, response_history that stores all the responses of clients in different channel (TLS, SMS). But the thing is, i only need to get the last response call status in terms of TLS channel.

I have a columns like this,

CLIENT_ID | CHANNEL | RESPONSE | DATE 

111                 TLS             CALLED          1/1/2019

222                SMS             OK                  1/1/2019

111                 SMS            OK                  1/2/2019

So expectation is, i can get the first row instead of row 3.

Hope the description and info are enough, tho you can ask me for more details.

Thank you!

Regards,

Otep

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

I'm not sure if you are looking for a "Customer Intelligence" specific tool or not. I don't have that module but a generic SAS code approach could be:

proc sort data=have (where=(channel='TLS'))
          out=temp;
   by client_id descending date;
run;

data want;
   set temp;
   by client_id date;
   if first.client_id;
run;
otepalborida
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Ballardw, I'm currently using SAS Customer Intelligence Studio for creating calculated items.
SteveMarshall
SAS Employee

while you can create a calculated field for this along the lines of below against contact history and 

Substr(max(CAT(Put(<</Contact & Response History/Contact Date>>,YYMMDD10.),<</Contact & Response History/Marketing Cell Code>>)),11) 

It's not advised as it uses SAS functions that are not resolved in the Database and will pull data to the compute tier to resolve and would have negative performance impact.

A better option would be to create a database view that did a similar operation and then add the view to the info map.

Something like Create view MostRecentCH_Cell_Cd as

select ch.Customer_ID,  Substr(max(Concat(To_Char(CH.Contact Date),cp.Marketing Cell Code)),11)

from cdm.ci_contact_History CH join cdm.CI_Cell_package cp on cp.cell_package_Sk = ch.cell_package_sk

group by ch.customer_ID

Note your example should just involve a single Transaction table.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation