BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
paritosh176
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Members, I am facing odd issue in SAS CI.Details are given below: In SAS Customer Intelligence 5.41, two campaigns are created by user having different campaign code but same communication code. In what scenario, it will exist. If we save as any campaign using 'Retain Codes', then both campaign code and communication code are same but in my case campaign codes are different , communication codes are same. Any suggestion.....

4 REPLIES 4
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9

I do not have 5.4 anymore but as I recall the 'Retain Codes' option I think only applies to Marketing Cell codes (CELL########). I think all other codes are supposed to change. 

Communicaiton Code isn't replicated based on a 'Save As' to a new Campaign diagram. Nor is it replicated by copying and pasting a Communicaiton Node from one campaign to another. The only way I'm aware that it can be the same as another Communication Code is if it's manually update to be so. 

Bottom Line: The only scenario where two different campaigns where each have a Communication Node and must have to the same Communication Node is to update one of them manually to have the same Communication Code as the other. 

I'm curious as to why you may be doing this. Are each of these Communcation Nodes in separate channels? Different Schedules? Different Selections? 

paritosh176
Fluorite | Level 6

'Retain Codes' applies on Camp code, comm code also. Naming convention for camp code and comm code is in 'Not Editable' mode in business context. So there is not any possibility of manual change.

Even then this issue occurred.

shill
SAS Employee
Does this happen frequently or only once? If it's frequent, I would suggest opening a track with technical support so they can look into the root cause.

Also don't forget that the business context code settings can be overridden in the communication definition, so have a look at the actual communication with the duplicated code to see if it is in fact editable or not.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

paritosh176
Fluorite | Level 6

It occurred only once but there were 6 camapigns affected by this.

I have checked business context but communication code anme was non-editable.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation