BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
omlk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

We are working on adding Advanced Collection Rule as a Goal to capture Form Submit event from a web page in CI360. However when we inspect the page for this particular form, we did not find FormID or Form Name in the HTML code. It seems this particular form is designed by using the Form class (<form class="form1 col s12">..... </form>).we tried using "form1 col s12" but did not work.

Is there any way to track the Form submit without using Form ID or name ? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YumaHase
SAS Employee

Are you trying to capture any of the input field values or just to capture the form submit event as a goal?
Either way, if you choose "Form Submit" for the page event, you would be required to specify form ID or name.

So I'd suggest you use something else like "Click" with tagName and HTML5 custom data attributes. If there is a submit button within the Form element, configuration for the page event would be:

Event: Click

Target: tagName: Equals input

HTML5 custom addributes: type Equals submit

You can also consider using "Custome Attribute" instead of "Goal" or "Form".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
YumaHase
SAS Employee

Are you trying to capture any of the input field values or just to capture the form submit event as a goal?
Either way, if you choose "Form Submit" for the page event, you would be required to specify form ID or name.

So I'd suggest you use something else like "Click" with tagName and HTML5 custom data attributes. If there is a submit button within the Form element, configuration for the page event would be:

Event: Click

Target: tagName: Equals input

HTML5 custom addributes: type Equals submit

You can also consider using "Custome Attribute" instead of "Goal" or "Form".

omlk
Fluorite | Level 6

@jpnyvh Thanks for the response ! I will try this approach for now.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation