BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rotemtav
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have created a campaign using the new subject in Information Map.

subject 1: customers 

subject 2: policy+customer

the join between the 2 subject is complex, but the key for the subject 2 is based on 3 fields.

when trying to run a test sql query in information map I can see exactly what I was expecting to: 

PROC SQL Outobs=100;
Create table WORK.%RESULT_TABLE_NAME% as
SELECT DISTINCT
table1.NK_IND_AGMT_ID AS DIR_2 LABEL='Nk Ind Agmt Id' FORMAT=$100.,
table0.IDENTIFICATION_DOC_NUMBER AS DIR_3 LABEL='Identification Doc Number' FORMAT=$50.
FROM
MACUST.DIM_SC_MI_ID_CUSTOMER_PANEL_CU table0 Inner join DWH.CV4_MVW table1 on ( (table0.IDENTIFICATION_DOC_NUMBER = table1.TZ)
AND table1.LOOKUP_TZ = table1.TZ
AND table1.LOOKUP_ID_DOC_TYPE = table1.ID_DOC_TYPE_CODE )
GROUP BY
2;
quit;

but when exporting the data to a table I can see that fields are empty, so I trying to query in oracle sql the same query the information map gave me, and it givven me the fields and not returning null. which is exactly what I was expecting to. 

Why the CI is not doing the same connections and joins like the info map query? 

the export I have is only export the keys (level id) from both subjects.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
infomevijay
Obsidian | Level 7

I would suggest you to look into the SASCustIntelCore6.x.log file and verify the query generated by CI export. It should give you more details why the fields are empty in the export.

jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @rotemtav ,

Maybe it has something to do with the subjects in your CI diagram. What select statement did you use in CI before the export node? Did you use a map node to map the proper subjects? Did you choose the correct subject for your export?

Also try verifying if your Business Context is using the correct information map. Maybe it's using an outdated version.

Regards,

JC

rotemtav
Calcite | Level 5
Hi thanks,

I didnt used the map, just select, cell, comm. I choose the correct subject

Any thoughts?
jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @rotemtav ,

But what field did you use in the SELECT node? I noticed that in your query that there's no WHERE statement meaning you're not doing any filtration. In MA, the select node filters out the customer base in order to select a small portion as the segment or sample size when running campaigns.

Try using the same field in your filtration within MA and in the Information Map.

Please share screenshots.

Thank you!

Regards,

JC

rotemtav
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, The query is from Im , in the campaign I used one field from subject2
data items (comes from the subject main table)

JamesAnderson
SAS Employee
Hi @rotemtav,
I think the suggestion from @infomevijay is going to get you closer to the answer. The CI log file will show you the query being generated (which is very often different to what Information Map Studio generates) and allow you to examine what is going wrong with your information map design.
Regards
James
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation