BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Incin
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear SAS experts, 

I am looking for your help with SAS Customer Intelligence studio 6.4!

Campaign custom details can be accessed by &matableformacro variable using sas code. 

data test;

set &matableformacro;

run;

What about communcation node custom details? Can it be accessed same way? I mean can it be accessed before it is published to common data model?

Best regards,

Sergey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jpsm70
SAS Employee

Hi,

Page 359 of the MA user guide has the following:

The following macro variables are available only if a Communication node is upstream from a Process node. The values are derived from Communication nodes that are directly linked to the Process node. The communication code is exported along with the following macro variables.

UDF_NAME Communication user-defined field. The name of the macro variable is the name of the field.
UDF_TYPE CAMPAIGNUDF

Answer is yes if process node is after communication node.

-Juan P.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jpsm70
SAS Employee

Hi,

Page 359 of the MA user guide has the following:

The following macro variables are available only if a Communication node is upstream from a Process node. The values are derived from Communication nodes that are directly linked to the Process node. The communication code is exported along with the following macro variables.

UDF_NAME Communication user-defined field. The name of the macro variable is the name of the field.
UDF_TYPE CAMPAIGNUDF

Answer is yes if process node is after communication node.

-Juan P.

Incin
Obsidian | Level 7

I checked it and it worked like a charm! 😃

Thank you for your fast reply!

Incin
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear SAS experts,

Here is a case:
I have to use custom library in the export definition.
In order to do that I modified mausrexp.sas.

Then I put export defition to communication node with custom details.

I am wondering is it possible to get access to custom details via mausrexp.sas from matables? 

Do you have any clue?

Regards,

Sergey

jpsm70
SAS Employee

Hi Sergey,

Perhaps I am not understanding your question.

1. mausrexp.sas is where you define libraries used by export definitions.

2. Once a campaign executes the custom details values (if configured properly) are stored in the common data model tables. Since the CDM is on database you can use a libname to access the CDM.

-Juan P.

Incin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey Juan,

Thank you for your fast reply!
You understood me right. It is true that this kind of data can be accessed from the CDM.

I know that mausrexp code executes each time (update or execute) when custom export definition is used in communcation node.

My question is:
Can communication node custom details be accessed from mausrexp.sas besides CDM? I am trying to find a way without using CDM.

I was trying to execute %maspinit macro (in mausrexp.sas) to get macrovar table. However, I wasn't able to get xml data which can be easily accesed with stored procces. 

I belive it can be accessed from MAIntegrationUtilities, but it takes time to build and parse xml file with all campaign data.

Regards,
Sergey

jpsm70
SAS Employee

Hi Sergey,

if you are running a campaign with select -> cell -> communication -> process node then the process node can access the campaign's communication custom details fields. 

If you are trying to access custom details fields for campaigns outside of CI Studio execution you have to use a libname against CDM or use the MA integration utilities (sasmaexport) to get the XML.

I guess I am somewhat still confused by your question.

>> Can communication node custom details be accessed from mausrexp.sas besides CDM?

No because to me the question does not make sense.

-Juan P.

irinaia
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

How can i access MatableforMarco.I run comnaign in SAS CI Studio and then i what look at the table in SAS Base f.eks and run the same code as you but get macro can't be resolved. What i'm doing wrong. What is another way i can get information from matablemacro?

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation