BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sturaga86
Obsidian | Level 7

I know QKB is organized Globally at Language Level and then locale

If the question is QKB organized

a) Language 

b) Language & geography region

I am thinking the QKB is mainly at Language level.

Is it the right answer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I would say b is the more correct answer as QKBs contain a lot of geographic customisations such as address matching.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I would say b is the more correct answer as QKBs contain a lot of geographic customisations such as address matching.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@SASKiwi wrote:

Concur. Just think of the difference in US and UK post/zipcodes, or the way the Brits often write addresses (ie name of a house instead of a street number), while both have basically the same language.

So there's surely a difference between en_uk and en_us. And probably en_nz and en_au.

MarkCraver
SAS Employee

Yes, B is the best answer. The QKB is organized by language and geography components known as "locales". Each locale inherits definitions from its parent level. For instance, the ENGBR (English - Great Britain) locale inherits definitions from English and Global. The FRFRA (French - France) locale inherits definitions from French and Global.

Sturaga86
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you all!

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation