BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
greenwood2fl
Calcite | Level 5

Hi! I have a friend (no, really!) who is running out of Virtual Lab hours in the DI Studio Fast Track course (it includes 50 VL hours), so I ordered the 15 additional VL hours for him.* Is there a way for him to open the saved image from the original VL into the new course? I assumed he would just use his same login and pw and it would work, but so far it's not. He has one more hour left in the original course before he needs to tap into the 15 new hours. Thanks!

*The course is SAS Data Integration Studio Virtual Lab. 

4 REPLIES 4
TheresaStemler
SAS Moderator

Hi greenwood2fl,

If I reading this correctly … Party 2 is down to 1 hour of VL time. Party 1 has purchased additional hours for Party 2. How does Party 2 get access to these hours?

If this is correct and Party 1 has not activated the hours, then Party 2 needs to contact training@sas.com to get the hours added.

Best,

theresa

greenwood2fl
Calcite | Level 5

Nope, sorry. I am the SAS Training coordinator at our site, so I do all of the ordering of classes. That's why I'm involved and why I'm the one asking the question. 

The SAS Data Integration Studio: Fast Track (Self-study + Virtual Lab) course was purchased for this user originally. The SAS Data Integration Studio Virtual Lab appears to be offered as an extension of said course, so I purchased it for him recently, as he was running out of hours. The user has activated that course, but when he makes the VL reservation and opens the VL, he cannot access the content he saved from the Fast Track course. The hours are worthless if they cannot be appended to the original course and used as a continuation thereof. 

Each course comes with a VL userid and pw. I assumed he could log into the new VL session using the userid and pw from the Fast Track course, and that would give him the saved content. But that's not working.  How can he access the saved image/sessions from the original course?  

TheresaStemler
SAS Moderator

Sorry for misunderstanding the situation.

Unfortunately, I am just the community manager and can not handle your request. To resolve this, you will need to send a email to training@sas.com and include the activation codes for the orders. They are aware of your situation and waiting to hear from you.

Best,

theresa

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation