BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
odesh
Quartz | Level 8

I have a simple question. I tried it several times without success so I am doing my first post. Hopefully, this is the right place:

In exercise 2, step c, I add a data source filter to the product analysis table. I right-click the data item "Supplier Continent" and I set this equal to "Europe". I then select the 4 required data items and drag them over to the visualization.  When I look at the filter, it shows me that I have created 2 filters. The first shows Supplier Continent = "Europe" and the second shows Supplier Continent = "All". I am trying to delete the second filter but cannot.

What am I doing wrong ?

Please help.

Odesh.

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The instructions for the solution only show creating Europe as the filter, as shown below:

visualization_steps.png

Is there any chance that you clicked the Control key and selected ALL along with Europe? Or that you did not uncheck the box for ALL in the filter window?

If you start over and very carefully follow the steps outlined in the Solution, you should only have 1 filter. Have you started over from the beginning?

I also recommend that you carefully review the demo video that appears immediately before that Exercise. At time stamp 4:10, the narrator starts working with changes to the default visualization including building filters. And, at approximately time stamp 04:39 in the video, you can see the All box in the Filter Window is checked by default. You need to UNCLICK the word ALL in order to click just the country (as shown in the video) or the continent (your task). Here's a screen shot from the demo video that shows ALL is checked:

all_checked.png

And here's a screen clip from the video that shows ALL is unchecked:

all_unchecked.png

It seems to me that this might be your issue.

Cynthia

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation