BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kingbuilder
Calcite | Level 5

1. So I have a hypothetical data:
data d1;
input country$ year avgtemp;
datalines;
GBR 2001 60
GBR 2002 61
USA 2016 72
USA 2017 73
;
run;
I) what proc step would allow me to see the change in temperature of GBR over different years?
II) what proc step would allow me to see USA and GBR temperature changes over the years?
III) How do I produce the 5point statistic(box plot) of the temperatures for GBR and USA
IV) what significant outcome can be taken from the statistical output reported by SAS on this data from
the previous answers?

2. I have two pairs of recorded numbers
data d2;
input x1 x2;
datalines;

;
run;
I) in a proc step, determine or exclude possible statistical connections (simple)
II) which are the important SAS reporting numbers to support your conclusion above?
III) we later learn that the x2 variable is a log(log(x2)) process, produce a new variable x3 which will
remove the log effects and analyze x1 against x3, do your conclusions change?

3. We have a dataset of animal populations:
data d3;
input $species population;
datalines;
snakeRed 1000
snakeBlue 1200
birdRed 2000
birdBlue 2300

;
run;
I) choose a manner to visualize the distribution of the birds and snakes as groups
II) choose a manner to visualize the bird populations
III) use proc sql to subset the data and calculate the 10% increase in population for the blue snake

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

1. So I have a hypothetical data:
data d1;
input country$ year avgtemp;
datalines;
GBR 2001 60
GBR 2002 61
USA 2016 72
USA 2017 73
;
run;
I) what proc step would allow me to see the change in temperature of GBR over different years?
II) what proc step would allow me to see USA and GBR temperature changes over the years?
III) How do I produce the 5point statistic(box plot) of the temperatures for GBR and USA
IV) what significant outcome can be taken from the statistical output reported by SAS on this data from
the previous answers?

I) PROC SGPLOT

II) PROC SGPLOT

III) PROC SGPLOT

IV) I don't understand the question

2. I have two pairs of recorded numbers
data d2;
input x1 x2;
datalines;

;
run;
I) in a proc step, determine or exclude possible statistical connections (simple)
II) which are the important SAS reporting numbers to support your conclusion above?
III) we later learn that the x2 variable is a log(log(x2)) process, produce a new variable x3 which will
remove the log effects and analyze x1 against x3, do your conclusions change?

I) I don't understand

II) I don't understand

III) You can produce a new variable X3 in a SAS data step use the EXP function to remove the LOG effect. As far as the very vague question about "analyze", this is so vague as to be meaningless — analyze to answer what question?

3. We have a dataset of animal populations:
data d3;
input $species population;
datalines;
snakeRed 1000
snakeBlue 1200
birdRed 2000
birdBlue 2300
;
run;
I) choose a manner to visualize the distribution of the birds and snakes as groups
II) choose a manner to visualize the bird populations
III) use proc sql to subset the data and calculate the 10% increase in population for the blue snake

I) "Choose a manner to visualize" is the analysts job (that's you). This is not a SAS question.

II) Same as I

III) In PROC SQL, you multiply the blue snake population by 1.1

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

Do you mean "see" as in a graph of the data? Or are you expecting tabular output?

Change between each year or change between first and last year?

If you mean the result of a statistical test for the 4th item then what test do you want to conduct?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you are working in the SAS Academy for Data Science classes, please let us know the name of the level you're working in (Data Curation, Advanced Analytics or AI&ML) and then the name of the class, the lesson in the class and your question related to the class content. None of these questions look like the questions in the Data Science classes, so there's really nothing I can refer to the instructors. I wonder if you meant to post this in the New User forum or the Graphics Programming forum.
Cynthia