BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cmorgan
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using the setup instructions for SAS Enterprise Guide. I'm using version 8.2. I have successfully run pg1v2_eg.sas.  However when I run pg1v2_eg_casestudy.sas I get 3 errors. Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
cmorgan
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for this.  Looking at the info it looks like the case study is not relevant until the end of the course anyway. Is that correct?

StaceySyphus
SAS Employee

You are correct that the case study data isn't used until the very end of the course. The program to create the case study data for EG uses PROC HTTP to read the file from the SAS support site. It is likely your environment has restricted reading external files with that PROC, which is why you are getting errors.  Instead, you can just click here to download the file to your local machine. https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/viya/exampledatasets/TSAClaims2002_2017.csv You will then need to move it to your SAS server (if it is remote) to do the case study in your own version of EG.  

Or keep in mind we offer the free virtual lab environment with the data preloaded. You will have to use SAS Studio, but remember the syntax you are practicing is exactly the same in either Studio or EG.  

cmorgan
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for the explanation. I was struggling to use Enterprise Guide and this probably explains why. I've moved over to the virtual lab and I've not had any problems since

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation