BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pmane
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, 

I am trying to do a basic task of uploading my own sas dataset from my local machine into the SAS OnDemand server.

I get an error - "File _TEMP9.CP.DATA does not exist" for any dataset that I upload.

For reference I used the tutorial link -https://support.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/products-solutions/ondemand/uploading-accessing-local-data.pdf

My datasets are not more than 200 KB.  I can see the data in those datasets from my local machine using Universal SAS Viewer.

After uploading the sas datasets to the server, if I download the same dataset, the new downloaded datasets are also viewable in SAS universal Viewer. That means there is no corruption in the upload file I a m doing. So I am not sure why would these datasets not open in SAS OnDemand Online Editor and throw the error File _TEMP9.CP.DATA does not exist

What are some of the limitation of uploaded your on dataset ? Under what circutances this error is generated? Any pointers or turn around to it work.

@Cynthia_sas  If you can give your advise/suggestion/insights, I will much appreciate it!

I have successfully used SAS University edition in the past but not sure why SAS onDemand is not working for a this basic step.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Can you please show a screenshot of your Servers Files and FOlders pane with the folders, and then one of the Properties pane of a data set (right click, Properties).

Then can you show us the code you used to access the data, with the libname statement, and the error in the log.

Because On Demand uses Unix it's also a good idea to name everything lower case and no spaces in the file name.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

"So I am not sure why would these datasets not open in SAS OnDemand Online Editor".

I would expect the Editor to be for text files, like program scripts, not datasets. Or perhaps describe what you are doing in a bit more detail after you have uploaded the data file.

If you attempting to follow the "Create a Library" bit of that PDF you do not point to the uploaded file, only the folder that holds the file. Libraries contain multiple objects, data sets being one type. Data sets are not libraries.

pmane
Fluorite | Level 6
thank you @ballardw for your input on this error. I will keep in mind what you mentioned about pointing the correct folder name/path while creating the library.

My error was solved by changing the upper case names of the dataset to Lower case names.
Reeza
Super User
Can you please show a screenshot of your Servers Files and FOlders pane with the folders, and then one of the Properties pane of a data set (right click, Properties).

Then can you show us the code you used to access the data, with the libname statement, and the error in the log.

Because On Demand uses Unix it's also a good idea to name everything lower case and no spaces in the file name.
pmane
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza!

Thank you so much for your quick response. I renamed my dataset which was 'DM' to 'dm' as per your suggestion and voila! IT WORKED !!! So now all my datasets are in lower case, they are uploaded correctly and also open without any issues.

Thank you again for reminding me the system is based on UNIX!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation