BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
therealmaggagie
Calcite | Level 5

I'm having a very similar problem to this user https://communities.sas.com/t5/Programming-1-and-2/Programming1-Lesson-2-Accessing-Data/td-p/497979

I'm using SAS Enterprise version and going to lesson 2 accessing data. I want to do the following

libname np xlsx "&path/np_info.xlsx";

I do not create a library. 

I tried to add "data" libname np xlsx "&path/data/np_info.xlsx" but I still do not have any libraries created named "NP". I was able to create the PG1 library but this one seems to not be working. 

I've checked where the &path is supposed to go with %PUT and there is a np_info.xlsx there and I'm not sure why it isn't working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brzcol
SAS Employee

Hello,

First thing to do would be to find where you have the np_info excel file saved. Then, once you find that location, you can use it as the value for the macro variable "path".

The code would look like this:

%let path=PathWhereYourFilesAreLocated;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brzcol
SAS Employee

Hello,

First thing to do would be to find where you have the np_info excel file saved. Then, once you find that location, you can use it as the value for the macro variable "path".

The code would look like this:

%let path=PathWhereYourFilesAreLocated;

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you say you are using SAS "Enterprise" then I assume you mean SAS Enterprise Guide? Or do you mean the Enterprise Edition of SAS Studio, where SAS Studio (in your browser) is "talking" to SAS on the server?

Did you follow the correct instructions for setting up the data? If you did, then &PATH (with SAS Enterprise Guide, abbreviated to EG) should be pointing to the location of your work folder. Please take a look at the Enterprise Guide (EG) setup instructions in this article: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Creating-Data-for-Programming-1-and-Programmi... -- there are 2 orange buttons in that article -- to find the right set of videos that match the instructions, you have to figure out whether you are using the "EPG194" older version of the course or the "EPG1V2" newest version of the course. That should be easy to find if you refer to the instructions you followed.

There's a video for how you set up the data using Enterprise Guide (EG) for both versions of the class. The EPG1V2 version of the instructions has a video using EG 7.1 and another video using EG 8.2 -- so please watch the video that corresponds to your version of EG.

If you did not follow the correct setup instructions, go back and redo the setup again. If you did everything correctly, AND if you are using Enterprise Guide, the macro variable &PATH should be created for you when you start the project that makes the data (as we asked you to do in the instructions).

Hope this helps. If not, please clarify exactly how you are using SAS and what set of instructions you followed to make the data.

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation