BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nrodrig
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I just started the Programming Essential 1 class. I am doing the first practice where we learn to select different output types for our SAS Report. Under Program --> Properties I don't see the option to select "Excel". I wanted to know is there program code we can run to know if the license covers Excel outputs.

Screenshot included in attachment.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When I use Enterprise Guide, version 7.15, as shown below, I do see an option for Excel in the Properties window:

Excel_choice.png

This option is generating code for ODS EXCEL, which needs to have SAS 9.4 M2 or higher. I wonder what version of EG and what version of SAS you're using?

You'll need to have 9.4M2 or higher to run the programs in the Programming 1 course, so you might want to check that before you proceed.

There's actually more than one way to send your output from SAS to Excel. Ever since Excel 97, Excel could open an HTML file, so even if you are running an older version of SAS, you can always make an HTML file and then do a File --> Open from inside Excel to open the HTML file. There are other ODS destinations that can create output for Excel. Whether there's a choice inside your Enterprise Guide really depends on your EG version.

Cynthia

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

PROC setinit;

run;

Operating System:   LIN X64 .
Product expiration dates:

---SAS Add-in for Microsoft Excel

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Are you trying to ask whether you can take Programming 1 if you have the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office? Or were you trying to show an example of PROC SETINIT?

If the original poster can explain what version of SAS and/or EG they are running, we may be able to give better advice.

Cynthia
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

After you run:

proc setinit;
run;

Check the log and let us know your current version:

Setinit.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation