BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashotts
Calcite | Level 5

Hey guys,

I was having the same problem. The libname code would create an empty library with nothing in it. The problem was that the path was incorrect. The correct code was:

libname np xlsx "/folders/myfolders/coursefiles/EPG1V2/data/np_info.xlsx";

I was accidentally setting the path to "/folder/.." when it should have been folders. Thanks to whoever mentioned double checking your path name by right clicking the file and selecting properties. Hope this helps someone else out there.

Negarev
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

Update on this: turned out that the course files for SAS EG did not contain any data at all. I downloaded the one for SAS studio, and this one does have the Excel files I was looking for. Thanks for your help, I thought I was going mad...

SAS121
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone, this is an update in 2023, as I came across this post by Googling the same problem. I am using SAS OnDemand for Academics and had a "coursefiles" folder that was separate from the "pg1v2setup_oda" folder, both of which I downloaded when installing SAS EPG1V2.

I was able to find the "Storm_Summary" worksheet located in the "storm.xlsx" workbook by going to "coursefiles > EPG1V2 > data folder > storm.xlsx"

SAS121_1-1675379292707.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats