BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
anonymous7
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to do the Lesson 3 Level 1 practice: Exploring Data with Procedures, but I am having some trouble getting started. I set up the pg1 library and then run the proc print code, but each time, the SAS program tells me that PG1.NP_SUMMARY.DATA  does not exist. How do I fix this so that I can begin the practice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Okay - so maybe someone already set-up the course for you. You are looking for a directory ...EPG1V2\data - that's where the NP_Summary dataset should be & where you should assign the libref PG1 to:
libname PG1 "...\EPG1V2\data";

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Keep in mind that your SAS librefs (PG1) are removed when you close your SAS interface (are you using SAS Studio?). Assuming you made it Lesson 3 without an issue, you may need to just re-assign your SAS Library (libname PG1 "directory that has the NP_SUMMARY SAS dataset";
anonymous7
Calcite | Level 5

Do you know where the pg1.np_summary table is? They reference it for the assignment, but I can't find it for the assignment and they also mention opening p103p01.sas, which is a bit confusing.

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Are you using SAS OnDemand for Academics or do you have a local install of SAS?
anonymous7
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS Studio in the virtual lab section provided.

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Okay - so maybe someone already set-up the course for you. You are looking for a directory ...EPG1V2\data - that's where the NP_Summary dataset should be & where you should assign the libref PG1 to:
libname PG1 "...\EPG1V2\data";
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
replace the 3 dots with the actual location
anonymous7
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much! This worked and the table appeared

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
The SAS program, p103p01.sas, should be in ...\ EPG1V2\practices. If you can't find these folders, then you probably need to go through the set-up steps for the programming class.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Here are possible locations for the PG1 library on different practice platforms:

SAS Virtual Lab inside Programming 1 course:

S:\workshop\EPG1V2\data

libname PG1 "S:\workshop\EPG1V2\data";

SAS OnDemand for Academics:

/home/<userID>/EPG1V2/data

libname pg1 "/home/<userID>/EPG1V2/data" ;

with a userID of u1234567, then the path would be: libname pg1 "/home/u1234567/EPG1V2/data" ;

SAS on my local Windows machine with a local install of SAS:

c:\SAS_Class\EPG1V2\data

libname PG1 "c:\SAS_Class\EPG1V2\data";

SAS on a Unix machine with a server copy of SAS:

/usr/bin/Classes/EPG1V2/data

libname PG1 "/usr/bin/Classes/EPG1V2/data";

SAS Enterprise Guide with a local or server version of SAS -- the setup and data creation programs use a helper variable called &PATH to hold the location of your WORK folder. So on EG, you do this:

libname PG1 "&path";

Notice that on all interfaces, except for EG, the top level folder path will be different depending on whether your SAS is installed on a Windows or Unix-based system. But starting wit the course folder EPG1V2 part of the path, the subfolders under that main folder should be the same for every installation platform.

You should be able to expand the EPG1V2 folder and expand the data subfolder, assuming you have set things up correctly and scroll through the list of files to see the data files in this subfolder. If you have a Libraries panel (such as in SAS Studio), you can open the Libraries panel to check that you have run the LIBNAME statement for the class before trying to run any programs.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation