BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
najiya12
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using SAS OnDemand for Academics and my code is generating these errors as attached in the photos. The code is working perfectly with SAS university edition.  Any suggestions! Thanks 

2.PNG3.PNG1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The dataset you inspect in your WORK is named IMPORT, not HALE.

The right side of the screen shows a task definition for importing a file to a dataset, not the dataset itself. You need to execute that task to create the dataset in your current session.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

Pretty clear, the data sets are not present in the work library that On demand uses. Did you upload the data sets to the server or read a file to create them? On Demand is cloud based and all the data must reside on the server.

najiya12
Fluorite | Level 6

How could I reside the data on the server? This is screenshot shows that data in the work library 

najiya12_0-1624647103115.png

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The dataset you inspect in your WORK is named IMPORT, not HALE.

The right side of the screen shows a task definition for importing a file to a dataset, not the dataset itself. You need to execute that task to create the dataset in your current session.

najiya12
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much @KurtBremser. I was able to create hale in the work library. but then I got different errors as shown in the screenshot attached 

najiya12_0-1624729127746.png

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please post logs by copy/pasting the text into a window opened with the </> button. It is much easier for you to do and easier for us to read.

Your dataset was imported with

options validvarname=any;

so the blanks in the variable names were kept.

Either use name literals like

'Clearsky GHI'n

or reimport the data with

options validvarname=v7;

so that blanks in variable names are replaced with underlines during the import.

najiya12
Fluorite | Level 6

Very Very appreciated! It works great now. thank you very much for the help     

mkeintz
PROC Star

You have two datasets absent from the work library on the SODA server, as @ballardw noted.

But the second dataset (work.spearman) is missing because the first (work.hale) is missing, therefore preventing proc corr from creating work.spearman from work.hale.  You appear to have two symptoms from one problem.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
najiya12
Fluorite | Level 6

yes agreed. How to solve the first issue 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The WORK library is initialized with the start of each SAS session and removed when the session terminates; since the name of the directory is tied to the process number of the SAS process, you cannot re-use it (not with simple means).

You may have run the code that creates WORK.HALE earlier and were then logged out of ODA because of inactivity. You need to rerun that code. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation