BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mauricio33
Calcite | Level 5

This error is appearing when I try to execute this code to open the files for EPG194. I'm doing the SAS programming 1 on SAS Studio.

How can i solve this?

error_sas.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

To confirm, are you using SAS Studio through University Edition, or SAS On Demand for Academics (cloud based version)?

- Peter

mauricio33
Calcite | Level 5
SAS On demand for Academics
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

I went through the process and it worked on my end.

Results.jpgCreate data program.jpg

Couple of thoughts for you:

1. You have to make sure to run the entire program. I'd close out and re-enter. Then open the program and run everything. If you accidentally highlighted a portion of the code only that code will run. That might be causing the error..
  2. Or you can re-download the program and upload it to replace the one you have. Maybe you accidentally made an edit on the program? This could be an issue.

No edits need to be made to the program. Only thoughts I have right now are above. There is also a video you can watch here:https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-access-data-for-SAS-Programming-1-cour... 

Try those and keep us posted.

- Peter

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

In your screen shot, your top NODE is called My Folders. This looks like a SAS University Edition installation to me. My SAS OnDemand for Academics account has a top node called Files (Home), NOT My Folders. Here's what I see:

SAS University Edition (looks like your screen shot)

how_tell_sas_studio_UnivEdition.png

SAS OnDemand for Academics (does NOT look like your screen shot)

how_tell_soda_sas_studeio.png

And, just for completeness...

SAS Studio on a single user local install:

how_tell_sas_studio_local.png

The bottom line is that SAS University Edition will generate the "no logical assign" message if a University Edition student tries to use the SAS OnDemand program. Why? The SAS OnDemand program for data creation needs to run on our cloud server and ONLY on our cloud server. Your SAS University Edition install is talking to SAS in a Virtual Machine -- not on our cloud server -- therefore, the UNZIP technique that we use with SAS OnDemand accounts will NOT work for SAS University Edition Virtual Machines.

Hope this helps.

Cynthia

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Yes Cynthia is correct. Make sure to go back and download the correct files and follow those instructions.

- Peter

labdus
Calcite | Level 5

Sir its very simple just change your path in code and run 
i use sas university in virtualbox
%let path=/folders/myfolders/EPG194;

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation