BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jaheuk
Obsidian | Level 7

when I create a pdf on sas pc I use this syntax:

ODS escapechar='^';

title j=R "^S={preimage='z:\reports\pics\AXA_HEAD.jpeg'} " ;

I want to move this to mainframe:

* how to transfer jpeg file

* what is the syntax of the title statement then

GreetZ,

Herman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: It depends on if your mainframe has a Unix partition or not. If there is a Unix partition, then you have a Unix name like:
/usr/reports/images/AXA_HEAD.jpeg

but, if it is an EBCDIC mainframe system, with catalogued datasets, then generally, the name is:
DSN=XXXYYY.ONELEV.TWOLEV.THREELEV or
if in a PDSE
DSN=XXXYYY.PDSELEV.MORE(AXA_HEAD)

but I am not sure how you would transfer the JPEG file to the mainframe (transferring as binary sounds like a good place to start) or if the ODS ESCAPECHAR will work with PDF on the mainframe. It might also depend on the version of SAS that is running on the mainframe, too.

This might be a question for Tech Support.

cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I have never worked on Z/OS, but you may try:

1) copy the jpeg file by FTP binary to the MF.

2) Addapt jpeg file name on SAS statement, without changing the sysntax.

With hope it will work, depending on SAS installation on Z/OS.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: It depends on if your mainframe has a Unix partition or not. If there is a Unix partition, then you have a Unix name like:
/usr/reports/images/AXA_HEAD.jpeg

but, if it is an EBCDIC mainframe system, with catalogued datasets, then generally, the name is:
DSN=XXXYYY.ONELEV.TWOLEV.THREELEV or
if in a PDSE
DSN=XXXYYY.PDSELEV.MORE(AXA_HEAD)

but I am not sure how you would transfer the JPEG file to the mainframe (transferring as binary sounds like a good place to start) or if the ODS ESCAPECHAR will work with PDF on the mainframe. It might also depend on the version of SAS that is running on the mainframe, too.

This might be a question for Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation