BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Pylon53
Calcite | Level 5

I am attempting to get a table created by a stored process to render with frozen column headers.   I have referred to a number of support documents that explain ODS TAGSETS.TABLEEDITOR and only get partial success with the options.   For example, autofilter="yes" does work in both IE 11 and Firefox 30, but frozen_headers ="yes" and  frozen_rowheaders="1,2" don't seem to work, either separately or together.    I have tried setting table height and width to ensure the table would not fill up the screen (what a mess looking at Google Chrome).  I am creating the stored process using Enterprise Guide 4.3.   When I look at the examples presented in the document Creating a Data Grid Like VB.NET, the frozen_headers.htm example also does not work.   I was thinking I might have a local environment issue, but some of these options do work, so I'm stuck as to why the frozen headers won't work.   Any ideas?    Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: TAGSETS.TABLEEDITOR works by embedding JavaScript in the HTML output. So first, if you are receiving the stored process output in a browser, JavaScript and scripting have to be allowed. When you create a stored process, your stored process could be run in PowerPoint (for example), but it would be a fruitless effort, in which the HTML/JavaScript is not used. PowerPoint, for example, can only receive SASReport XML type reports from stored processes.

My suspicion is that you have some kind of client application/HTML/JavaScript problem. The only folks who can debug that are Tech Support.

cynthia

Pylon53
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried on both PC and Mac using IE, Firefox and Chrome on PC and Safari, Firefox and Chrome on Mac.   I have done this from different locations.  In none of the browsers does the frozen headers example work from this document:  Base SAS: Creating a Data Grid Like VB.NET

If there is some kind of HTML issue/JavaScript issue, it seems to have widespread impact that is really unrelated to whether I created the file in a stored process.  I assume you mean contact SAS Tech Support.   I'll do that.   Thanks.

defaz
Fluorite | Level 6

hi pylon53,

I have the same issue.

If I try the example for frozen headers from  Base SAS: Creating a Data Grid Like VB.NET, it works from SAS Eguide (program running running on unix server).

But if I use it in a web-application STP (file=_webout), it doesn't. In the generated source is NO javascript.

Did you get any further?

thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation