BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Michela_sas
SAS Employee
Hi!

I have been trying to find the way to display the grid of the excel spreadheet outside the area of the report, but so far my attempts didn't succeed.
I am using Excel 2003.

I tried the code excelXP_sample07.sas in the zip file excelxp_samples.zip that you can download from the link Example code for ODS Tagsets & Excel, an Excellent Combination in this page: http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/.
What I would like to obtain is exactly what it is in the tiff.
What I get is that the grid lines in the report area are light orange.The background out if the report area is light orange as well, without grid.
Does this happen to you as well?

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!
Kind regards.
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Yes, this is the same behavior I get when I run sample07 for ExcelXP. I believe this is because your ODS style is only meant to control the grid lines INSIDE the table created by ODS.

The reason the interior grid lines are light peach and that the rest of the spreadsheet is that same peachy color is because that sample inherits the colors from styles.Statistical -- which defines those colors. If you want to change the color scheme used in sample07, then change the parent= statement to inherit from a different style template (perhaps one like sasweb or printer) in this statement:
[pre]
parent = styles.sasweb;
[/pre]

in the proc template code and the parent template colors will be used. If you're asking whether you can use a style template to restore ALL the interior gridlines in the Excel spreadsheet, I think that the answer is NO. I tried the gridlines option for tagsets.ExcelXP and, as expected, it did not have an effect on what you see in the spreadsheet because it only has an effect on printing (according to the doc).

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation