BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Felix_
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear Community,

I am generating a .rtf file with several pages. Among other Outputs there are graphics generated by the SGRENDER procedure (with modified templates) in this document. While developing the templates i always took a look in the HTML Viewer if they look how i want them to look. Once the result was satisfying i transfered the graphics in the RTF document. Following the difference in layout:

HTML Results Viewer

pic1.PNG

In the RTF file:

pic2.PNG

You can see that the linesize is different.... not how i defined it in the template. HOW can i modify the underlying Options which cause different linesizes on RTF file?

- does it have sth. to do with rtf-tag sets?

here is some code:

proc template;
define statgraph temp_5_1;

[.... several definitions ... ]

discretelegend 'bar_5_1' 'timeline_5_1'/  LOCATION= INSIDE HALIGN = RIGHT VALIGN = TOP ACROSS = 1 opaque=false ;     /* following is to determine which reference-lines to draw. */
     referenceline x=2 / lineattrs=(color=black pattern = Dash THICKNESS=7 )   /*curvelabel="normal DE"*/ CURVELABELLOCATION = OUTSIDE CURVELABELPOSITION = MAX  DISCRETEOFFSET=+0.5; 
     referenceline x=3 / lineattrs=(color=black pattern = Dash THICKNESS=2 )   curvelabel="°"             CURVELABELLOCATION = OUTSIDE CURVELABELPOSITION = MAX  DISCRETEOFFSET=+0.5; 
   endlayout;
   entryfootnote  halign=right textattrs=(weight=bold size=8pt)"°Countries performing extended data-entry in Argus.";
endgraph;
end;
run;

PROC TEMPLATE;                                                                
  DEFINE STYLE dummy;                                            
  PARENT = styles.rtf;
  STYLE body from document  /                                              
     protectspecialchars = off;

STYLE table from output   /                                                           
     bordertopstyle = NONE                                                
     borderwidth    = 0.025cm                                                
     rules          = NONE                                                         
     frame          = VOID                                                         
     padding        = 0.1cm                                                      
     cellpadding    = 0cm
/*     width        = 100%   */
     textalign      = left;                                                  
  STYLE fonts /                                                           
     'FixedFont'            = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                           
     'BatchFixedFont'       = ("Times New Roman",6.7pt,bold)                    
     'FixedHeadingFont'     = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                    
     'FixedStrongFont'      = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                     
     'FixedEmphasisFont'    = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                   
     'footFont'             = ("Times New Roman",9pt)                                 
     'docFont'              = ("Times New Roman",9pt)                                  
     'headingFont'          = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                         
     'headingEmphasisFont'  = ("Times New Roman",10pt,bold)                
     'EmphasisFont'         = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                        
     'StrongFont'           = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                          
     'TitleFont2'           = ("Times New Roman",9pt)                               
     'TitleFont'            = ("Times New Roman",9pt);                               
  STYLE color_list /                                                      
     'bg'   = white                                                         
     'fg'   = black                                                         
     'bgH'  = white                                                        
     'link' = blue;                                                       
  END;                                                                       
RUN;   

FILENAME rtfout "Name.rtf" LRECL = 100000;

ODS RESULTS = OFF;
/*ODS LISTING CLOSE;*/
ODS TAGSETS.rtfDS_CSPV_tag 
  FILE = rtfout 
  UNIFORM
/*  NOGTITLE*/
  NOGFOOTNOTE
  OPTIONS(TOC_DATA= "ON" CONTENTS = "YES" SECT= "NONE");
  OPTIONS NOQUOTELENMAX;

[viel viel code]

/*erzeugen der Grafik*/
ods graphics on / height=11cm;
proc sgrender data=WORK.LsoAf_grouped_s template=temp_5_1;
dynamic [....];
run;
ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

Maybe it's the part with the Dummy template? How can i change the Option defining the line-styles of the graph?

Thank you in advance & best regards,

Felix

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

I don't see anyplace in that code where you are specifying the use of the style dummy.

By default each output destination defaults to a different style and without something like

Ods html style=styles.dummy;

or

ods tagsets.rtfDS_CSPV_tag style=styles.dummy;

the default ODS style for the destination will be used.

Also the line thickness attribute when a unit of measure is not used will default to different measures depending on ODS destination.

You might try setting a unit like PT or cm for the line attribute so each destination has a chance of having the same thickness.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation