BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wikich
Calcite | Level 5

I want to use proc report for exporting my table to rtf file.

for example, my table has five columns named _var_  para col1 col2 col3.

Before writing the pro report, I set the value of ls as 75 in options, like this: options ls=75;

Here I want to set the width of each column as 15, and the sum of all columns width is equal to ls(75).

I see the answer of @Cynthia_sas to set column width like this: style(column)={width=1.5in}, but this solution could not deal

with my problem. I want to known how to set the column width in my problem.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

First of all,

options ls=75; is not suited for your RTF destination. it is only for LISTING destination.

also try

style(column)={cellwidth=1cm}

style(report)={outputwidth=50%}

wikich
Calcite | Level 5

if proc report data=mydata ls=75, ls in proc report . is it suited for rtf document?

ballardw
Super User

@wikich wrote:

if proc report data=mydata ls=75, ls in proc report . is it suited for rtf document?

The very old LINESIZE, or LS, setting is a number of print positions and basically for a line printer and later fixed width font. It does not actually specify a "width" as the size of the font in a file could change the "width" for any given number of characters.

Why does Cynthia's solution "to set column width like this: style(column)={width=1.5in}" not ideal.

Describe why in some detail.  The units can be specified differently if you do not like to use inches.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
NO, Linesize or the LS= option is ONLY a LISTING destination option. It is ignored for RTF.
Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation