BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jaime
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,

I am using the tagsets.tableeditor to create panels in a stored prcedure so a chart will display to the right of a proc report.

I control the format of the entire page with a custom style i create using proc template.
What class would I edit in order to remove the borders created around the thml frames?
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The quickest way, if you already have an HTML file is to look inside the file for the HTML that controls the page area you wish to change and then look for the CLASS= attribute in the HTML. So, for example, if I run this code:
[pre]
ods html file='c:\temp\somestuff.html';

proc print data=sashelp.class;
title 'My Title';
run;

ods html close;
[/pre]

and then look inside (with View --> Source in the browser), I see this HTML for the column headers and the <TABLE> tag and the SAS Title.
[pre]
<td class="c SystemTitle">My Title</td>

<table class="Table" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="7" rules="groups" frame="box" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" summary="Procedure Print: Data Set SASHELP.CLASS">

<thead>
<tr>
<th class="r Header" scope="col">Obs</th>
<th class="l Header" scope="col">Name</th>
<th class="l Header" scope="col">Sex</th>
<th class="r Header" scope="col">Age</th>
<th class="r Header" scope="col">Height</th>
<th class="r Header" scope="col">Weight</th>
</tr>

[/pre]

So the CLASS attribute value for the Title ("My Title") is SystemTitle, for column headers is Header and for the whole table itself, is the Table class. Those CLASS= attributes in the generated HTML directly link back to the style template that was being used to generate the output.

I am not sure whether TAGSETS.TABLEEDITOR uses all the same CLASS= attributes, but you should be able to determine where the frame or border is being generated. Make sure that you have borders turned off in the SAS/GRAPH code (because the style template doesn't necessarily control graph output borders if there are other overriding statements being used (such as GOPTIONS)).

cynthia
Jaime
Fluorite | Level 6
I tried.

I am using the tagset.htmlpanel and it does not name the tables in the soruce code.

These are the tags. No ID attached to them.

Is there a way I can force ODS to ID these tags and mentioned in the port before.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Suggest you share your relevant SAS code, expanded as part of a SAS execution log. SAS version and OS information would also be helpful.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
I thought you were using the TAGSETS.TABLEEDITOR?? Are you using that or TAGSETS.HTMLPANEL???? Without a CLASS= attribute in the <TABLE> tag, that means the tag behavior is not controlled by the ODS style template. It would be controlled by a CSS selector for the HTML tag. (more below)

However, if you are using TAGSETS.HTMLPANEL, I thought there was an option to turn off the borders around the panels...maybe something like:
[pre]
ods tagsets.htmlpanel file="gbypanel.html"
options(doc='help' panelcolumns = '2' panelborder = '0');
[/pre]

If you look at the doc='help' info in the log, you will see what the exact name of the suboption is.

When I do this:
[pre]
ods tagsets.htmlpanel file="cyan_back.html"
headtext=''
options(doc='help' panelcolumns = '2' panelborder = '0');

ods tagsets.htmlpanel event = panel(start);

proc print data=sashelp.class;run;
proc print data=sashelp.class;run;

ods tagsets.htmlpanel event = panel(finish);
ods tagsets.htmlpanel close;

[/pre]

I -do- see the background of cyan under the tables. However, I do not know how HEADTEXT will work in the context of a stored process. I guess it would depend on whether the client application will use the CSS.

If you are using TAGSETS.TABLEEDITOR, then I'm not sure whether it has a border control.

These might be questions for Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation