BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
michellexu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I currently use a macro to pull in all title and footnotes(holds in googledoc), and depending on which programs that is running, the relavent title and footnote will be selected.  

I have tried with the compute before _page_, however I would like the title2 to be outside of the table, and underneath the rest of the titles.  

After reading some of the papers, I have put #byvar(xx) into the title2 column and my proc report is: 

proc report data = mydata nowindows headline headskip split='~'
missing spanrows style(header)={just=l} spacing=4;
columns dummy1 dummy2 dummy3 dummy4 dummy5;
by xx;
define ......
run;

then in the output( PDF and RTF), I get(i.e by value is Full analysis set) 

xx= Full analysis set 

studycode:xxxxxx

table xxxxx

Full analysis set

xx=Full analysis set

my question is : 

1. Why does the text highlighted in red appear?  

2. I suspect it could be my own macro problem, but the text in red only appear twice when it is the first page of a new set of sub-data. i.e. first page of full analysis set information, second page will only show the one at the bottom. 

I have attached the screenshot, highlighted part is the one that I want to get rid off, but dont know how! 

Would be greatful if someone could give me some suggestions?

Thanks 

Michelle 

Capture.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You don't show all your code, including your options and your ODS statements. I suspect you need
options nobyline;
before your ODS invocation. Typically, when you use #byval or #byvar, you turn OFF the default byline.

But without data to test or your full code, that is just a guess.
cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You don't show all your code, including your options and your ODS statements. I suspect you need
options nobyline;
before your ODS invocation. Typically, when you use #byval or #byvar, you turn OFF the default byline.

But without data to test or your full code, that is just a guess.
cynthia
michellexu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi cynthia, 

you were spot on! I did not have the options nobyline in the proc report!!! 

I have since add that option into my proc report and it works perfectly! 

thank you very much, I must have issed the option in the paper!! 

Regards

Michelle 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation