BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Amy
Calcite | Level 5 Amy
Calcite | Level 5
I imported a data file from Epi Info into SAS and have 3 variables which are basically long answers to open-ended questions. The warning message that I get for these 3 variables when I run PROC PRINT is: data too long for column "variable name"; truncated to 98 characters to fit. How can I to increase the column width to max 255 in order to view the full response? I've tried format and infile statements but without any luck.
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This is not an ODS or BASE Reporting (PRINT, REPORT, TABULATE) question. If you are reading the data, then a LENGTH statement might be what you need, if your issues are with PROC PRINT, then the OPTIONS statement may be what you need. If you use ODS HTML, then you are generally not bound by LINESIZE when using PROC PRINT to list a dataset.
[pre]
options ls=255 nocenter;

ods html file='OE.html' style=sasweb;
proc print data=bigfile;
title 'open ended comments';
run;
ods html close;
[/pre]

If you want more help with this issue, you may find more timely help by contacting Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation