BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anu
Fluorite | Level 6 anu
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Everyone - I'm generating files by customer using excelxp tagset and the requirement is that they should be read-only. Is there an option that can be used with excelxp tagset to create a READ_ONLY excel file?Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anu.

6 REPLIES 6
Chevell_sas
SAS Employee

Hello Anu,

Unfortunately,  XML Spreadsheet specificationwhich the ExcelXP tagset follows does not include this functionality of READ_ONLY files, therefore it is not added with the tagset.

SIncerely,

Chevell

anu
Fluorite | Level 6 anu
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Chevell. Is there any other way of creating READ ONLY files?

Chevell_sas
SAS Employee

Anu,

We can post process the file using DDE or VBScript if you are on windows. Send me an email or open a tracking entry with Technical Support and I can put together a sample.

Chevell.

anu
Fluorite | Level 6 anu
Fluorite | Level 6

Chevell - The process was created and tested in windows which we no longer use. Going forward we will be using SAS on Unix Server. What details will you need from me?

Thanks,

Anu.

Chevell_sas
SAS Employee

Anu, this process that I mentioned as far as post processing the files will not work on Windows but not Unix unfortunately.

PaulLee
Fluorite | Level 6

Another way to post process the file is by running an X command using SAS after file creation to "chmod" the file?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation