BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sivan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I want to create a multiple sheet excel file, is it possible to display the sheets from right to left?

Here's the code I'm using :

options nocenter;

ods listing close;

ods tagsets.ExcelXP path="********"

file="*****.xls"

style=printer;

/*sheet 1*/

ods tagsets.ExcelXP options(sheet_name='****' absolute_column_width='12'  orientation='landscape' embedded_titles='yes');

title bold height=3 underlin=1 "********";

proc tabulate ……

/*sheet 2*/

ods tagsets.ExcelXP options(sheet_name='*****'  orientation='landscape'  embedded_titles='yes');

title bold height=3 underlin=1 "*******";

proc print

ods tagsets.ExcelXP close;

Thank you for your help!

Sivan

10 REPLIES 10
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I don't really understand what you mean by "right to left"? Do you mean the values within the cells being displayed with a normally right to left font? do you mean displaying Sheet2 on top of Sheet1? Or, if you have 5 columns, name, age, sex, height, weight, do you mean that you want to display the column in "right to left" order: weight, height, sex, age, name?

One question or thought that I have is -- is this something you can do in Excel, without SAS being involved?  In other words, can you open a spreadsheet in Excel and do your "right to left" display? If so, can you then save that spreadsheet as Microsoft Office XML for Office 2003 (the xml choice in the Save As dialog?

I see your code, but since I don't know what you mean by "right to left", it's impossible to answer except for guessing.

cynthia

Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you mean right-to-left language support, then I suggest you first get your code working with the HTML destination.  Once you get that correct you can try using the ExcelXP tagset.  I don't see any tagset options that are language-direction specific.  I'm guessing that this requires a combination of a localized version of SAS and a localized version of Excel, but never having done this it's just a guess.

This document may be useful:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/right-to-left-language-features-HA010354392.aspx

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Sivan
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your answer.

About your suggestion to use HTML - here attached is a code I'm using for HTML, the code creates an excel file from right to left as I want,

but I neet to create a multiple sheet excel file, is it possible to do this with HTML?

ods html style=Theme file = "\\path...\file_name..xls";

ods escapechar="^";

title1 bold height=3 underlin=1 "title...";

title2;

title3;

footnote;

proc print data=data_name label noobs split='*'

style(header) = {background=grayc3 font_size=2.5};

var

xxx

;

label

xxxxxx

;

run;

ods html close;

Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

What is the result when you rerun your code, replacing "html" with "tagsets.ExcelXP" in the 2 ODS statements, and then open the resulting file using Excel?

Also what is the date and version number of the tagset?  That information is printed to the SAS log each time the tagset is used.

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Sivan
Calcite | Level 5

I tried what you said, in this case the file created is left to right...

Here is the part in the log that I think is relevant to what you asked :

NOTE: This is the Excel XP tagset (Compatible with SAS 9.1.3 and above, v1.122, 01/04/2011). Add options(doc='help') to the ods statement for more information.

Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It appears that ExcelXP does not support R-T-L.  Can you go back to using the HTML destination, open the HTML file in Excel, verify that the output is R-T-L, select File > Save As > "XML Spreadsheet 2003 (*.xml)", and then attach the resulting XML file here so we can inspect it?  That will help us to get R-T-L support into ExcelXP.

Going back to HTML, the MSOffice2K_X tagset generates HTML output and supports multiple worksheets, so you can try that.

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/msoffice2k/index.html

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Sivan
Calcite | Level 5

Regarding the file you asked me to attach - I can not attach files because of security issues, can I email it to you?

And as for using an HTML output to create multiple worksheets -

I tried that, the HTML files are created but the Excel file  does not,

here attached is the code I used and the log.

Thank you very much for your help!

/***my code***/

proc sort data=sashelp.class out=test;

by age;

run;

ods tagsets.msoffice2k path="\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status_zero_monthly" file="temp.html" newfile=output;

proc print data=test;

by age;

run;

ods tagsets.msofice2k close;

ods tagsets.msoffice2k_x file="multiple.xls" style=statistical

options( worksheet_source="11#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status_zero_monthly\temp.html,

12#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status_zero_monthly\temp1.html,

13#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status_zero_monthly\temp2.html,

14#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status_zero_monthly\temp3.html,

15#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status_zero_monthly\temp4.html,

16#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status_zero_monthly\temp5.html"

);

data _null_;

file print;

put "test";

run;

ods tagsets.msoffice2k_x close;

/***log***/

1          ;*';*";*/;quit;run;

2          OPTIONS PAGENO=MIN;

3          %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL='Program';

4          %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH='';

5          %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME='';

6          %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE=;

8          ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

9          OPTIONS DEV=ACTIVEX;

10         GOPTIONS XPIXELS=0 YPIXELS=0;

11         FILENAME EGHTML TEMP;

12         ODS HTML(ID=EGHTML) FILE=EGHTML ENCODING='utf-8' STYLE=Analysis

12       ! STYLESHEET=(URL="file:///C:/Program%20Files/SASHome/SASEnterpriseGuide/4.3/Styles/Analysis.

12       ! css")

12       ! ATTRIBUTES=("CODEBASE"="http://www2.sas.com/codebase/graph/v92/sasgraph.exe#version=9,2")

12       ! NOGTITLE NOGFOOTNOTE GPATH=&sasworklocation;

NOTE: Writing HTML(EGHTML) Body file: EGHTML

14         GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE;

15           ods tagsets.msoffice2k_x file="multiple.xls" style=statistical

16               options(

16       ! worksheet_source="11#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status_zero_monthly\t

16       ! emp.html,

17                                          12#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status

17       ! _zero_monthly\temp1.html,

18                                          13#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status

18       ! _zero_monthly\temp2.html,

19                                          14#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status

19       ! _zero_monthly\temp3.html,

20                                          15#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status

20       ! _zero_monthly\temp4.html,

WARNING: The quoted string currently being processed has become more than 512 characters long.  You

might have unbalanced quotation marks.

21                                          16#\\icc-tlv\root\dwh\BOXI\I_SHAARO\Auth_Statistics\status

21       ! _zero_monthly\temp5.html"

22                        );

WARNING: Tagset TAGSETS.MSOFFICE2K_X not found; the default tagset will be used instead.

NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.DEFAULT Body file: multiple.xls

24           data _null_;

25             file print;

26             put "test";

27           run;

NOTE: 1 lines were written to file PRINT.

NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):

real time           0.02 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

29         ods tagsets.msoffice2k_x close;

2                                           The SAS System              18:29 Monday, January 21, 2013

34         GOPTIONS NOACCESSIBLE;

35         %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL=;

36         %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH=;

37         %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME=;

38         %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE=;

40         ;*';*";*/;quit;run;

41         ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

44         QUIT; RUN;

Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You can email the file to wwwsupport@sas.com and mention in the body of the message that it should be forwarded to me.

The warning about the MSOffice2K_X tagset not being found indicates that either it's not installed on your system, or it is installed but not referenced in the current ODS path.

The second sentence of the "Introduction" section provides information that you can use to install the tagset.

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Tamar
Calcite | Level 5

I know it's been almost a year since this discussion started but I had the same problem recently and wanted to share the solution I found.

MIA Computers, SAS's representative in Israel, created an updated version of the ExcelXP tagset that includes the option   sheet_layout="RTL". It can be downloaded from here (Hebrew only):
http://www.miac.com/cp31_תמיכה-בעברית.aspx

Hope this helps someone in the future!

EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Sivan,

Join our *brand new* SAS community for Israel users at this link: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Users-Group-in-Israel/gp-p/Israel we will be happy to give you insights on how to create RTL Excel sheets!

Eyal

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation