BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

We have many reports that include the company logo at the top of each page using the TITLE1 and PREIMAGE technique as follows . . .

ods listing close;

ods escapechar='^';

... more SAS statements . . .

%let style = PrinterListing;

%let outfile = "some output path\some file name.pdf";

ods printer pdf startpage = no sas file = &outfile uniform notoc;

title j=l '^S={preimage="our logo path\our corporate logo.jpg"}';

. . . more SAS statements

In SAS 9.1.3, the logo appeared "just the right size" in PDF.

After moving to SAS 9.3, the logo appears too large.

(In fact, all of the text and graphics elements in PDF output in SAS 9.3 appear larger than under SAS 9.1.3.)

I've searched the forum and the internet for a solution. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything with an obvious answer.

Anyone ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

Some styles, even with the same name, changed between 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3. I had similar issues with appearance an fit of fonts.
Since PrinterListing doesn't appear to be a SAS supplied style from my list of 9.3 styles.  You may need to rebuild it and be careful with the code if this was based on a SAS supplied style as inheritance sources changed across versions, especially 9.1 to 9.2.

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

@ballardw . . . Good catch on the "printerlisting" style. I was in such a hurry to answer my specific issue that I completely omitted to consider that this style may have been a custom style or one that was not included in 9.3. The contractor ramming through the migration should have considered this, of course. Obviously, we are now forced to deal with our style templates!

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

@ ballardw . . . we rem'd out the style=PrinterListing command and this seems to have resolved the issue with font sizes being too large. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, there was a paper by Scott Huntley and Bari Lawhorn on the font and sizing changes between SAS 9.1/9.2 http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/035-2010.pdf and then this paper:http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS038-2014.pdf has an updated section on PDF specifically for Graphs. If you can't resolve your issue after reading these papers, then my suggestion is to open a track with Tech Support.

cynthia

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

@ Cynthia . . . Thanks for those links. I'm reading them through and will let you know how it goes . . .

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

@ Cynthia . . . after perusing those papers, it seems that the authors are saying that (for ODS PDF output, at least) DPI determines image size when PREIMAGE is used in a title/footnote statement. This appears to be confirmed according to this paper by Scott Huntley and yourself: http://www.mwsug.org/proceedings/2014/SS/MWSUG-2014-SS03.pdf. Refer to bottom of page 23 - 25.

The recommendation seems to be to ensure graphics for ODS PDF have a DPI=150.

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

@Cynthia . . . further to my earlier reply, I replaced the logo with one that is 150 DPI and sized appropriately. This seems to have resolved the logo issue. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation