BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I am not sure this is the right forum for my question, if not please direct me to the appropriate forum.

I am using SAS 9 (SAS for Windows) interface do write and run my SAS programs. I am having an issue with caching. I can connect to a database, using the code below, iwth no problem. However, if the database changes somehow (e.g. table gets deleted), i do not see this change reflected via my connection. I try to clear the libname and reinitialize it, but the tables in the database as seen through this connection do not change. THe only way to get around this, I have found, would be to exit the SAS application and restart it. This is really annoying. It seems to me some sort of caching of my entire database is happening, but I can't be sure. Can anyone tell me what is happening and how I can get around this issue?

libname db_name ODBC datasrc="somesrc" user=user_name
password=**** schema=someschema
;

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
GreenCode
SAS Employee
You can try following statement to un-assign libname:
libname db_name clear;
deleted_user
Not applicable
What is being cached is the result set of a query to the database.

If you are in EG, then you have to right-click on the library and issue the "Refresh" command.

If you are in PC SAS (dms?) then I'm not sure what you need to do to get it to update, other than to stop the session and restart SAS, which I agree is annoying.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation