BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Abud
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everbody!!

Follow my doubt:

%let CPF = 15534556205;

%let Partic = 82;

%let condicao1 =  ID = &CPF;

%let condicao2 =  Partic = &Partic;

%put &condicao1;

%put &condicao2;

%let Todas = %sysfunc(catx(and ,&condicao1.,&condicao2.));

%put &Todas;

I wish I had the result "ID = 15534556205 and Partic 82.", but the variable macro &Todas return "0and0", I can understand why this happen.

tk's in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Astounding
PROC Star

Evidently, when CATX sees the equal signs in the second and third parameters, it is treating them as logical comparisons and evaluating them.  Since "ID" is not equal to "155345562505", the comparison is false and the logical result is 0.  If you need convincing, try replacing the equal signs with the word "is":

%let condicao1 = ID is &CPF;

%let condicao2 = Partic is &Partic;

After that, the rest should work as expected.

The simplest remedy is to get rid of CATX entirely.  It would be easy enough to code:

%let Todas = &condacao1. and &condacao2.;

Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Astounding
PROC Star

Evidently, when CATX sees the equal signs in the second and third parameters, it is treating them as logical comparisons and evaluating them.  Since "ID" is not equal to "155345562505", the comparison is false and the logical result is 0.  If you need convincing, try replacing the equal signs with the word "is":

%let condicao1 = ID is &CPF;

%let condicao2 = Partic is &Partic;

After that, the rest should work as expected.

The simplest remedy is to get rid of CATX entirely.  It would be easy enough to code:

%let Todas = &condacao1. and &condacao2.;

Good luck.

Abud
Calcite | Level 5

Tk'sss

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation