BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
craig_dickstein
Calcite | Level 5

A little help please ---  The environ is ODS PDF, PROC REPORT, WIN10, SAS 9.4

I successfully define and use a format for NE and SE arrows that visually describe a trend (up or down).

PROC FORMAT;
    value $arrow 
        'NE' = '^{unicode 2197}' 
        'SE' = '^{unicode 2198}'
      other = ' '                               ;

I successfully color code the arrows conditionally with a call define.

if  orig_var in('pct_OCCUP'     'pct_MCAID_occ'     )                    
                  then call define(_col_,"style","style={color=darkgreen font_weight=EXTRA_BOLD}");

The question is - how can I enlarge or make bolder the Unicode character?  I have found some other arrows in the Unicode library, but they do not display as expected.  The FONT_WEIGHT= or FONT_SIZE= attribute does not have any effect.  I simply need it to be larger / more visible in the printed tabular report.

Thoughts?

-craig

6 REPLIES 6
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

did you try fontsize=xxpt instead of font_size=xxpt

Thanks,
Jag
craig_dickstein
Calcite | Level 5

yes, FONTSIZE=  does enlarge the font, but it increases the default cell height which which is not desired.  thanks for the thought.  -craig

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16
Could you please try to control the cell height for the column using the style(header)={cellheight=1.5in}
style(column)={cellheight=1.5in} in the define statement of that specific variable.

e.g.

define orig_var / style(header)={cellheight=1.5in} style(column)={cellheight=1.5in} ;
Thanks,
Jag
craig_dickstein
Calcite | Level 5

Jag -- this does not seem to help … if the cell height does not have room for the FONTSIZE value then the height seems to override the fontsize.  -craig

Ksharp
Super User

Make page size be smaller ?

options papersize=(10cm 10cm);
craig_dickstein
Calcite | Level 5

Not sure what changing the paper size would accomplish besides the obvious.  I believe you are saying that all of the exhibits will shrink but the Unicode character will stay the same size.  thanks for the thought.  -craig

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation