BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mbuchecker
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I know that the default output style for EG is SAS Report and the code works fine. But when I run the same code in batch (Linux), it's failing with a message of :

ERROR: The width of InstanceName is not between 1 and 115. Adjust the column width or line size.

NOTE: This affects LISTING output.

Is the ODS destination of DOCUMENT the same as EGs' SAS Report?  If not, what do I use to mimic what EG is doing? I don't need the style to be LISTING.

TIA!

Michelle
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
The DOCUMENT destination is NOT the same as SASReport in EG. SASReport is an XML output and the DOCUMENT destination is a binary item store that stores your output objects so they can be "replayed" to other ODS destinations.

You could try ODS LISTING CLOSE; before your code in Linux. Are you trying to create SASReport XML (.SRX) file in Linux in batch? Or are you creating another file type.

I believe that message usually appears when
1) the LISTING destination is open (as it would be in batch) and
2) the calculated value needed for the line size of the report in LISTING exceeds the value of the LINESIZE system option.

Here's a paper https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/sgf09/318-2009.pdf about using ODS DOCUMENT and PROC DOCUMENT to "replay" output -- as you can see on page 13/14 the PROC DOCUMENT "replay" has to be within an ODS "sandwich".

cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
The DOCUMENT destination is NOT the same as SASReport in EG. SASReport is an XML output and the DOCUMENT destination is a binary item store that stores your output objects so they can be "replayed" to other ODS destinations.

You could try ODS LISTING CLOSE; before your code in Linux. Are you trying to create SASReport XML (.SRX) file in Linux in batch? Or are you creating another file type.

I believe that message usually appears when
1) the LISTING destination is open (as it would be in batch) and
2) the calculated value needed for the line size of the report in LISTING exceeds the value of the LINESIZE system option.

Here's a paper https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/sgf09/318-2009.pdf about using ODS DOCUMENT and PROC DOCUMENT to "replay" output -- as you can see on page 13/14 the PROC DOCUMENT "replay" has to be within an ODS "sandwich".

cynthia
mbuchecker
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Cynthia. I knew SASReport was XML, but knew nothing about DOCUMENT. 

Closing the LISTING and using ODS EXCEL did the trick.

Michelle

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation