BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
juan1marioo
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to delete the empty row that generates between proc reports in an excel when using ods excel. I know you can use skip_space with ods tagset.excelxp, but I need an xlsx file. Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Are you generating with sheet_interval='none' as a sub-option? do you have titles turned on? Can you show an example of the code, including ODS statements that you're submitting? Are you using Statistical Procedures along with PROC REPORT? The usual behavior is for every separate PROC REPORT to start a new sheet in the workbook.

If this is a fairly standard number of rows in each PROC REPORT, then you can figure out which one of the rows you want to "hide" using a suboption, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1629910832234.png

Cynthia

juan1marioo
Calcite | Level 5
They're all on the same sheet. I need them deleted unfortunately, not just hidden.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Unfortunately, without seeing your data or your code, it's hard to make suggestions. Can you concatenate the data together so that one PROC REPORT will generate what you need? Otherwise, there's not an option that I recall that will do what you want.
Cynthia
Ksharp
Super User

Check option 'start_at='.

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2017/02/20/tips-for-using-the-ods-excel-destination/

CODE UNTESTED

ods excel file='c:\temp\temp.xlsx' options(sheet_interval='none');
proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=4);
run;

ods excel options(start_at="1,6");
proc print data=sashelp.heart(obs=10);
run;
ods excel close;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation