BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AKHIL_2025
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear friends,

Now I am starting to work on SAS EGRC 6.1 report generation using sas EG. Now i want to know the table relations in sas egrc.

For an example for fetching a custom field values for a particular ID  what are the tables I need to go, for fetching MO id what are the tables need to query. etc.

If anybody can help me on this ,kindly help me. I am new to this work, So please help me with this.

Thanks,

Akhil

5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you are working on "EGRC 6.1" Report Generation. Is EGRC something at your company or are you referring to a code that your company uses. Are you taking a class? If so, what is the full name of the class? You say you want to know the tables "relations in sas egrc" but we don't have any idea what you mean by "table relations". Can you clarify?
Thanks,
Cynthia
AKHIL_2025
Fluorite | Level 6
Actually table structure means for making reports of each modules in egrc
what are the tables we need to use, ie for fetching data what are the
tables need to use .
Thanks
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I am sorry, it is still not clear. How about answering these specific questions:

1) What version of Enterprise Guide do you use? Enterprise Guide 6.1? What version of SAS do you use? SAS 9.2, SAS 9.3, SAS 9.4? Are you using SAS and EG with a server installation? If so, what is the server name you see under the server icon in EG. If you expand the Libraries icon, do you see libraries like MAPS and SASHELP? What other libraries are do you see?

We cannot explore YOUR Enterprise Guide installation. We cannot explore YOUR libraries and files. We cannot tell you about table structure for YOUR data. We don't know what your tables look like.

2) Clarify what is "EGRC" spell out all the words that correspond to the initials EGRC. I assume that EG means Enterprise Guide. What does the RC mean? What is the whole phrase?
Enterprise Guide Report Cover
Enterprise Guide Report Code
Enterprise Guide Regression Code
Enterprise Guide Retrieval Code
Please tell exactly what EGRC means and then explain what you mean by "each modules in egrc". Enterprise Guide, the application, has tasks, it does not have "modules". Some of our SAS Education classes have modules. But most of our classes have lessons, not modules. What exactly are the names of the "modules in egrc"?

3) How do you "make reports"? Do you start from TASKS or do you click on a file to start? Do you run a stored process? Please describe one report that you make and tell us the exact steps you go through to make the report

4) What do you mean by "fetching data"? By fetch, do you mean open a SAS data set? Do you mean to import a file like a CSV file (comma separated)? Do you need to access a Database table, like an Oracle table or a DB2 table?

SAS does not have fixed tables or a fixed "table structure" for "fetching data". First you have to find the location of the tables you want to "fetch". If the tables are SAS tables or Excel workbooks, you'll need to construct the necessary LIBNAME statement or create a library for your EG project. If the tables are CSV files or TAB delimited files, then you'll need to use EG Tasks or write code to read the data into SAS format. If you are using a SAS Platform install and work with metadata, then you may need to consult with your SAS Administrator about accessing the tables you need.

There is NOT a fixed "table structure" in SAS -- if you need to understand what a table contains, as far as variables, variable types and variable labels and length and formats, you run PROC CONTENTS or use the EG tasks to explore the data table structure. If you need to review the data values, you run PROC PRINT or use the EG tasks to display the data values.

Once you know where your data is located and what tables you need to access, then you have to decide what you want to do with them. Do you want to filter them to only show certain rows that meet certain conditions? Do you want to stack or concatenate the files (as in, stack January data, February data and March data to make a combined data set)? OR, do you want to merge or join the data horizontally, such as you have an employee name file with name and ID and then you have a separate job title file with the ID and each job and the start date of the job. In this scenario, you would merge or join the name file with the job file to get a resulting file that contained name, ID and the most recent job title and start date for each ID.

You are asking a question that is nearly impossible to answer without a lot more clarification and information from you.

Hope this helps identify ways that you can make your question clearer.
Cynthia

These are just 2 examples of how you might work with tables. But there are other ways to work with tables. You might have a wide table and need to transpose it to a narrow table. You might have time series data or measurement data and need to do something else with the data, like calculate intervals or calculate changes between measurements.

You know your data. We can't tell you what tables you need to use to fetch data. It is YOUR data. Nobody knows your table names or your table structure. How you manipulate and use YOUR data will depend on your analytic needs or your reporting needs.
AKHIL_2025
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,

Sas egrc means enterprise governance risk and compliance. It is using in
sas operational risk and I want to tell you sas egrc table structure is
providing by sas itself. We cant make any changes in sas egrc table
structure. All table structure and its relationship ls are come up with the
product. From these tables using stored process fetching all the datas. The
report generation in based on egrc tables. For that basic egrc idea also
needed. My question is what is the default table structure in the egrc
tables for making the reports.
For an example for finding a custom field value I need to go to
custfiledvalue_L table. Symillatly i want all the tables for making reports
in egrc. These tables are comeup with the product and that is not
changeble.

Thanks
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Thanks for clarifying. You are asking about a SAS solution product: SAS Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance is a solution (https://www.sas.com/en_us/solutions/risk-management.html#view-all-solutions) with predefined metadata and tables and workflows. You'll find that you can have multiple solution products under the Risk, Governance and Compliance umbrella -- for example, you might have Credit Risk Scoring, Risk Dimensions, Underwriting Risk (for insurance companies) or you might have the Risk solutions and Credit Loss and Risk Modeling solutions (for banks).

You'll find the documentation is here on the Tech Support web site: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/securedoc/index_egrc.html#egrc61 -- you'll want to refer to the User's Guide, the Workflow Administration Guide and possibly, the Install and Configuration Guide.

The documentation is locked and you'll need to send mail to Tech Support, as described in the first paragraph on the page to unlock the documentation.

Hope this helps,
Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation