BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8

We recently installed SAS 9.4 TS1M6 on an AIX server.

Our SAS 9.4 ODS HTML code is not producing reports using the following code.  We are receiving ERROR: Physical file not found.  SAS 9.3 produces a report.

ods html file="$HOME/&sysver._example.html";
proc print data=sashelp.class;
   title"&sysver";
run;
ods html close;

I found the Usage Note 61280: The ODS HTML statement generates errors in the SAS® 9.4 TS1M5 windowing environmen...

By adding path= to my code, a report is created.  The problem is that we have a lot of code that will need to be modified to add path=.  

Has anyone found a solution that will allow file= to work without path=?  I've spent considerable time looking through the literature and communities for a solution that doesn't require changing legacy code.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can provide,

Kim LeBouton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Unfortunately, my understanding is that FILE= was always supposed to point to just the file and PATH= was designed to point to the physical storage location. So the newer versions of SAS, now expect both PATH= and FILE=.

There were 3 solutions or workarounds in the Tech Support note. When I try #2, I can use the simple FILE= method. As shown below:
try_option_2.png

Note that in 9.4 M5, the check box says WORK and not SASWORK.

But that means every person who runs your code will have to do this to their SAS session. Over time, I've been gradually changing my programs.

I did not try the registry solution because I don't change my registry on the work machine.

Cynthia

If you switch to RTF or PDF, you can still use the simple FILE= with a full path location, but 1) that's probably not what you want and 2) if you're going to change the code for another destination, you may as well go thru and do PATH= in the code for HTML.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Unfortunately, my understanding is that FILE= was always supposed to point to just the file and PATH= was designed to point to the physical storage location. So the newer versions of SAS, now expect both PATH= and FILE=.

There were 3 solutions or workarounds in the Tech Support note. When I try #2, I can use the simple FILE= method. As shown below:
try_option_2.png

Note that in 9.4 M5, the check box says WORK and not SASWORK.

But that means every person who runs your code will have to do this to their SAS session. Over time, I've been gradually changing my programs.

I did not try the registry solution because I don't change my registry on the work machine.

Cynthia

If you switch to RTF or PDF, you can still use the simple FILE= with a full path location, but 1) that's probably not what you want and 2) if you're going to change the code for another destination, you may as well go thru and do PATH= in the code for HTML.

KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for this write-up. Kim

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation