BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

I am struggling with ODS PDF where use of special symbols cause increase in height of row generated by proc report via ODS PDF. 

E.g. see the third row in attached file. The output is generated via following code. Is there a way to ensure the height of the rows wherever the symbols are used to be same as the height of the other rows.  Thanks in advance.

data x;
format x $200.;
x = 'Some text without special symbol'; output; output;
x = "Some text with special symbol Greater than or equal to - ^{unicode 2265}"; output;
run;

ods escapechar="^";

options printerpath=pdf;
ods pdf file="d:\text_test.pdf" title="text" uniform notoc nobookmarkgen;

proc report data=x nowd;
column x;
define x/display 'text';
run;

ods pdf close;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vineet7878_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS support has provided a workaround to fix this problem. It is provided below. Thanks for your prompt help.

data x;

format x $200.;

x = "Some text with special symbol Greater than or equal to - ^S={font_face=Symbol}%sysfunc(byte(179))"; output;

x = "Some text without special symbol Greater than or equal to"; output;

run;

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GinaRepole
SAS Employee

You can manually control the height of all rows at once by modifying the cellheight option within the columns styles. This goes in the PROC REPORT statement.

proc report data=x nowd style(column)={cellheight=0.3in};

If you replace your proc report statement with that one, you should see all rows are now the same height. Feel free to play around with the number if you don't like the size I chose. It doesn't always do a great job at centering within the new heights, but all the boxes will be the same size.

vineet7878_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Gina. This solution doesn't work when text is wrapping up in the cell, which is often the case.

I am looking for a solution where I set the value once somewhere in proc report, template or any other place to fix the line height. Data driven use of these symbols, superscript, subscript etc shouldn't mess up my report layout, pagination etc. 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I checked with a PDF expert in Tech Support and got this feedback:
"It looks like he is running into this defect:

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/784.html

.. but Times is not fixing the problem when I use his code. Ask him to create a track so that I can followup with the developers."

So please use this form http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm to open a track and reference this forum posting in your track.

Thanks, cynthia
vineet7878_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Cynthia. I have opened up a track with support.

vineet7878_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS support has provided a workaround to fix this problem. It is provided below. Thanks for your prompt help.

data x;

format x $200.;

x = "Some text with special symbol Greater than or equal to - ^S={font_face=Symbol}%sysfunc(byte(179))"; output;

x = "Some text without special symbol Greater than or equal to"; output;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation