BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lbogar314
Obsidian | Level 7

Is this possible to do?  I have a large space between my table and footnote. I've seen references to parskip but it is my understanding that only works with rtf tagsets.  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, What code have you tried? How are you producing your output? Without an idea of what you're doing it's hard to comment. If you're using PROC PRINT, maybe; but if you're using PROC REPORT, maybe yes. If you're using ODS PDF TEXT, then maybe. Consider this example that is the simplest of all using ODS TEXT and PROC PRINT:

use_ods_text_pdf.png

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

lbogar314
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, thanks for the response! I'm using proc report.  I needed a report that had company header and footer images so I put those in the title and footnote statements.  This worked out fine except that I have this space between my report table and the footnote.  I am trying to fit a 35 row table on a single page so I need all of the space I can get! 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Have you changed your margin options? By default, when I have 1 inch margins all around I can only get 29 rows on a PDF page with a TITLE and FOOTNOTE.

I can change the margins and then use some style overrides to get more space on the page -- like changing cellpadding or fontsize -- as shown below:

control_pdf.png

Cynthia

lbogar314
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, I've tried this.  The table only has two columns with the first being descriptions that can be rather long.  So I get the 35 rows to fit on one page but because the text is so small and the table is so squished it just makes that space between the table and footnote look even bigger. It looks like I can fit at least three more rows into that space- ideally I use that space to make everything bigger rather than having this huge awkward space at the bottom of each report.

My code is creating one page reports for every user all output into one pdf file. I tried to figure out ods layout to control the space but it seems like I'd have to change the entire way I am doing this in order to generate individual one page reports for several users.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation