BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AnnaWoolery
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there!

I'm working with a data set that has 573 observations and consists of 10 variables. In the code below, I'm trying to remove some of the elements from my output In the log, I'm getting a blue note that says, "NOTE: ODS statements in the SAS Studio environment may disable some output features." Will the approach (included below) I'm taking not work in SAS Studio?

* Step 2: Perform a Chi-Square Test and Save the Results *;
ODS TRACE ON;
PROC FREQ DATA = work.Analysis;
TABLES HypRelDeathInd * StateCd / NOPERCENT NOROW NOCUM CHISQ;
RUN;
ODS TRACE OFF;

ODS OUTPUT CrossTabFreqs = Rslt.StatePercents
(KEEP = StateCd HypRelDeathInd Frequency Colpercent
WHERE = (HypRelDeathInd = 1 AND MISSING(StateCd) = 0));

ODS OUTPUT ChiSq = WORK.ChiSqResults
(DROP = TABLE
WHERE = (Statistic = 'Chi Square'));

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: Other classmates have posted about this SAME issue. You all are making the SAME mistake. Please remember that the ODS OUTPUT statement must go BEFORE the PROC FREQ step, not AFTER. You need ODS to OUTPUT the data set from PROC FREQ while the procedure is running. Putting the ODS OUTPUT statement AFTER the PROC FREQ step will NOT work.
Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation