BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GreyJoy
Obsidian | Level 7

I many reports that have been programmed, work and have been working for several month now. All of the sudden all of my RTF output has dotted line around the output. These programs are very length and run independently of one another so the issue can not be syntax related, but I am sure there is some syntax that can fix it. 

Has anyone ever ran into this before?

Dotted Lines.png

8 REPLIES 8
ballardw
Super User

Anything that affects multiple procedures output is likely to be in the ODS Style definition used.

Which means look to your ODS statement for the STYLE= option. If it is not one of the SAS supplied styles then check the definition of the style.

If you have upgraded anything with SAS lately it may have affected your style definitions.

Or show us the ODS RTF (or Tagsets.RTF) statement you use.

GreyJoy
Obsidian | Level 7

Regardless of the style, it still output the border. Style "Festival" outputs a thicker solid lack border. Daisy outputs a thin dotted line. 
I need to find a way to suppress the border around the Text without affecting proc reports and tabulate lines and borders. 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When I take ALL the defaults for ODS RTF (default style) and ODS RTF TEXT= (default colors), I do not observe any dotted lines.

Cynthia_sas_0-1690912348370.png

Are you by any chance using a custom style template to alter the presentation of the ODS RTF TEXT= element? It is unlikely that a default style template would be changing the TEXT= color or font because you have to explicitly change the UserText element in order to change what is there. And, even when I apply a changed template to alter the UserText element, I don't see a dotted line:

Cynthia_sas_1-1690912686089.png

(I made the Word doc at 200% to see whether there was a dotted line.)

You might want to work with Tech Support on this. They can look at ALL your code and your template (assuming there is one) and help you figure out what is happening.

Cynthia

ballardw
Super User

When the same code creates different output something changed. We don't know what may have changed. So it will help to provide an actual concrete example, data and program, that generates the output so we can see. That should include all ODS options involved including the style. Use something like Proc Print and the SASHELP.Class data set to have some example procedure output.

I am not sure what you are actually trying to accomplish. Is it ONLY to remove a border around ODS Text?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, @ballardw: I agree with you. There's something in the code or in the style template or maybe even in Word that is adding the dotted border. When I test using either the defaults or with a custom template, I do not get any dotted line.
Cynthia
ballardw
Super User

@Cynthia_sas wrote:
Hi, @ballardw: I agree with you. There's something in the code or in the style template or maybe even in Word that is adding the dotted border. When I test using either the defaults or with a custom template, I do not get any dotted line.
Cynthia

I forgot about Word or other word processor as possible culprit.

I do have some RTF documents I made in the days of Windows 7 with SAS 8 with graphs from Prog Gplot. The version of word changed and now the text in those images renders differently.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

What tool did you use to convert the RTF (a text based file format) into the picture you showed?

Was it WORD?  So other tool?

Did you get a new version of that tool?

What happens when you print the RTF file to a printer (or a PDF file)?  Do the dotted lines still appear? 

It is likely that there is a changed option setting in the visualization tool you are using that is showing the outline of the boxes in the tables so you can see where they are.  Kind of like a Reveal Codes option in a text editor that will show where the spaces, tabs, line breaks and other invisible characters are located. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation