BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
amychau
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a way to limit ODS or PROC Reg output to just the parameter estimats? I'm running several regressions, and each time, SAS prints out a ton of extra information that I don't need. I really only need the first page of each regression output, the parameter estimates, so the regressions are taking an unnecessarly long time to run.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Before your proc add the following line to limit the results to the parameter estimates table.

ODS SELECT ParameterEstimates;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Before your proc add the following line to limit the results to the parameter estimates table.

amychau
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you, Reza!

So would my code look like this? 

proc reg data= Database;
TITLE 'Table 1.1 UC Berkeley Total Admission Rates';
model UCBTotalAR = AvgSAT LCFFPerCapita FundPerCapita Year;

proc reg data= Database;
TITLE 'Table 1.2 UC Berkeley Total Senior Admission Rates';
model UCBSeniorAR = AvgSAT LCFFPerCapita FundPerCapita Year;

Reeza
Super User

Run it and let me know 🙂

amychau
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza!

Thank you for your help! By using the code you suggested, I was able to limit the output for the first regression to just the parameter estimate; however, when I attempt to run the code including the second regression, the output still prints the graphs. When I put the code in front of both regressions 1 and 2, the output still prints graphs for regression 2. Is there a way to limit output to the parameter estimate for all of my regressions? I have about 80-90 regressions, so I can't print the full report for all of thse.

Reeza
Super User

That doesn't make sense. If it's in front of each it should suppress for each. If you have 80-90 proc regs Im going to say you have a very inefficient process and getting the results you want aren't going to be straightforward.  For one - the name for each table would need to be unique. It doesn't make sense to have any output with 80-90 regressions. You should capture all in a table since manually reviewing that many results is goimg to be error prone. 

You could use close all destinations so you don't get any results but I would suggest redesigning your process. Although it seems tedious my guess is as soon as you need to make a small change you'll get the time back 

This paper may be helpful. 

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/249-2011.pdf

amychau
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza, 

I tried it again and it actually worked! Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation