BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
merrittr
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a proc tab below

proc tabulate data=WORK.HRIR99991 missing contents = ' ' S=[foreground=highlight.];
class BUSINESS_UNIT_DESC GENDER_CODE DEPARTMENT_DESC;
var fte;
keylabel Sum = " ";

table BUSINESS_UNIT_DESC='FTE Count' * fte * sum ALL*fte /
contents = ' ' misstext=' ' box={label="&boxlabel"} style=[font_weight=bold];

run;

what I want is the final column the ALL
*fte to show up bolded  I cannot seem to figure out how to use style=[font_weight=bold] to affexct that last column

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User
table BUSINESS_UNIT_DESC='FTE Count' * fte * sum ALL*fte * sum*{style=[font_weight=bold]}

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User
table BUSINESS_UNIT_DESC='FTE Count' * fte * sum ALL*fte * sum*{style=[font_weight=bold]}
merrittr
Obsidian | Level 7

hey thanks but i dont really understand the syntax i tried applying it to a different proc tab below with no luck can you explain that syntax a bit.

proc tabulate data=WORK.HRIR99991 missing contents = ' ' S=[foreground=highlight.];
class BUSINESS_UNIT_DESC GENDER_CODE DEPARTMENT_DESC;
var fte;
keylabel Sum = " ";

table BUSINESS_UNIT_DESC='Record Count (Some user have multiple records)' * N='Count' ALL*N=Count * N*{style=[font_weight=bold]} /
contents = ' ' misstext=' ' box={label="&boxlabel"};

run;

ballardw
Super User

You should be getting syntax errors because you are nesting N with N and have Count without quotes.

The basic idea is the style is applied to an element that appears in the table. For CLASS varaibles using the CLASSLEV is best.

When you want a statistics such as N, SUM, Mean appearance modified then the style goes after the statistic.

As you wrote:

ALL*N=Count * N*{style=[font_weight=bold]} 

Probably mean

ALL*N="Count" *{style=[font_weight=bold]} 

Tabulate also has a heirarchy on how to apply style elements when row and column both have style specifications. You may need to set Style_precedence=ROW in the table options after the / .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation