BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saul_kanowitz_cdph_ca_gov
Calcite | Level 5

I am runing proc tabulate using ODS to output to xml files for use in Excel.

I am trying to count records with unknown values in the calculation of percents, but I don't want to print the unknown data (highlighted in red) in my proc tabulate output.

For ease of reference, I have numbered the different columns 1 to 12.

In the snippet of the output from proc tabulate, I need to count the 6 unknown records in column 4 in the total count in column 2, but I don't want to print columns 4 through 6.

Basically I want to count in my total cases (column 2) the missing data (column 4) for the column variable, "Prior Disease" (columns 4,7,10), but I don't want to display the columns (4-6) associated with the missing values for the "PRIOR Disease" variable.

If I don't use the missing option in proc tabulate, then the "Unknown Disease" (columns 6-8) don't print, which is what I want, but my totals in columns 2 and 3 goes down by 6, which I don't want to have happen.

If I use the missing option in proc tabulate, then the "Unknown Disease" (columns 6-8) print, which I don't want, but my overall totals in column 2 and 3 are counted correctly, which I want.

My code is below the table snippet.

Reporting JurisdictionTotal CasesTotal TestedPositiveUnknown DiseaseNo Prior DiseasePrior Disease
TestedPositiveTestedPositiveTestedPositive
No.%No.%No.%No.%
State171916081589.8600.015241459.5781316.7

Below is my proc tabulate code:

proc tabulate data=table47 format=4.1 missing;

class jurisdic prevdisease;

var inh suscdone cultpos;

table all={label="State"} jurisdic,

cultpos={label="Total Cases"} suscdone={label="Total Tested"}

inh={label="Positive"}*(n pctn<suscdone>*[s=[tagattr='format:##0.0']])

prevdisease={label=""}*(suscdone={label="Tested"} inh={label="Positive"}*(n pctn<suscdone>*[s=[tagattr='format:##0.0']]))/

box={label='Reporting Jurisdiction' s=[just=l]} indent=4 ;

keylabel n='No.';

keylabel sum=' ';

keylabel PctN='%';

format prevdisease $t47prevdisease.;

run;

Thanks,

Saul Kanowitz

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

This may be a case of needing to presummarize the data prior to display. To include var values associated with a class variable the class variable value must appear in the output - missing as it were with that option set.

I would be tempted to try the tabulate code (without style overrides as not needed) to create an output data set.

Then use that as input to a modified code to display the values but drop the records where that variable is missing.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation