BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mary_mcneill
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am trying to display percentages by year in a multi-dimensional table. Everytime I try to use the pctn I get the percent for the entire column, but I would like to get the percent Yes/No by year. Here is what I would like to see:

2012                                      2013                               2014                   

Co-morbidity                         Co-morbidity                    Co-morbidity

No    %      Yes    %            No     %      Yes    %           No    %      Yes    %

Condition:       900   90     100    10           550   68.8    250   31.3

The way I have it now it is calculating the percent for the entire row for all years.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mary_mcneill
Obsidian | Level 7

I figured it out... but here is how I did it if anyone else is wondering 🙂

table condition, year *(comorb*(N pctn<comorb>*f=pct.)) all;

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
collinelliot
Barite | Level 11

Without seeing the data, it's difficult to help, but if rowpct or colpct won't do what you want, this is likely a case where you're going to have to use a custom denominator for calculating percentages.

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/134-2013.pdf

ballardw
Super User

If you share the proc tabulate code we may be able to provide some more targetted hints. Example data and desired output would be helpful as well.

mary_mcneill
Obsidian | Level 7

I figured it out... but here is how I did it if anyone else is wondering 🙂

table condition, year *(comorb*(N pctn<comorb>*f=pct.)) all;

Reeza
Super User

@mary_mcneill

Please mark the question as answered.

mary_mcneill
Obsidian | Level 7
How do I do that? I am new to the forum 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation