BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sling
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

I already used LS=200 and also used 'flow' in the proc report, but sitll got the error 'at least one column width is wider than line size'. 

Any suggestions how I can fix the issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

What ODS destination are you using?

If you're not using, you can turn off that destination as it usually causes the warning.

sling
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply Reeza!

I used a physical folder as ODS destination. I need output an RTF file. 

ballardw
Super User

ODS RTF doen't really use line size. You may want to set either orientation or papersize.

Also choice of ODS style and the font size used by that style determines printable line lengths and column breaks in tables.

Pick a style with smaller fonts, or you can override style just for the proc report output.

Reeza
Super User

If you haven't turned of ODS LISTING then the warning pertains to that destination, not your RTF file.

Close the ODS LISTING destination.

ods listing close;

*rest of code;

ods listing; *open again;

sling
Calcite | Level 5

I did not use ODS Listing. 

here is my code. Is there anything wrong?

Options NoDate NoNumber Orientation = Portrait ;
ODS RTF File = "&output.\&pgmn._&rtfn..rtf" ;
ODS escapechar = "^" ;

Proc Report Data = all&cutoff Spacing = 2 Split = "*" HeadLine HeadSkip Wrap NoWd
style(report) = [ outputwidth=100%]
style(header)={background=none};

Column PTNAME2 ("All Available Follow-Up" evtnum ptnum col1 dev_rel proc_rel) ;

Define PTNAME2 / STYLE = {CELLWIDTH = 1.0in JUST = LEFT} " Event" flow ;
Define evtnum / STYLE = {CELLWIDTH = 0.3in JUST = CENTER} "Number of events" flow ;
Define ptnum / STYLE = {CELLWIDTH = 0.3in JUST = CENTER} "Number of subjects" flow ;
Define col1 / STYLE = {CELLWIDTH = 0.5in JUST = CENTER} "Percent of subjects" flow ;
Define dev_rel / STYLE = {CELLWIDTH = 0.6in JUST = CENTER} "Device related" flow ;
Define proc_rel / STYLE = {CELLWIDTH = 0.6in JUST = CENTER} "Procedure related" flow ;

Run;

ODS RTF Close;

Reeza
Super User

It can be the default setting. Give it a try and if it doesn't work post the log. 

ballardw
Super User
The line that reads
ODS RTF File = "&output.\&pgmn._&rtfn..rtf" ;
includes your ODS destination: RTF.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation